add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Case5549

6 months ago

What type of components and peripherals go on sale most often and what are some good time frames?

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I've been building PC's for 20 years and haven't really noticed a pattern in components or times to buy things. Other people may feel differently.

There's just so much... stuff and so many stores, if you're that keen on getting something on sale you can probably find that or at least a rebate. I don't bother because time is money and it is simpler and faster for me to just go through newegg or amazon most of the time.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean, in general, I have noticed more sales during the early and mid holiday season (like between thanksgiving and christmas). I wouldn't say that most of those sales are above average good deals or anything, but on occasion during that time, some items may be a very good buy. For instance I bought an EVGA G2 1000 watt PSU sometime near the end of november last year and was rewarded with getting it for only $99.97 at newegg with promo code and MIR. that said, most of the other stuff I got was average in price or maybe slightly lower than normal, but nothing to brag about. Even then, some things I bought during that time went on sale like in february and were wayyy less than I got them for. My best advice is just to keep an eye on those newegg, EVGA, and other techy emails that you can sign up for.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok so for some things there is sales and some not. What about peripherals and monitors?

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

i dont know, kinda all times of the year.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

You just have to be warching, as there is no set time(s) tjings go on sale. It can actually be pretty random. Watch during all holidays, as those can be good times. Also Amazon Prime day can have some pretty good deals. I got an EVGA 650 BQ for 50% off last year. Just be on the lookout at all times.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I usually check once a day but haven’t during the holidays and I looked at past Black Friday ads and see very good deals. For instance some monitors $100 off and psu off $35 and so on.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube