add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC BSOD after 5 minutes of playing games

Herope

5 months ago

Everytime i play a game, my pc gives me the BSOD after 5 minutes and restarts. And it shows a black screen with a white short line at the top left. It takes 226.8 seconds to start. And when it makes a one short beep when it exits the black screen and i see the BIOS logo and all. It's normal start time is like 10 seconds or so. Ran the Memory Diagnostic Tool, did the sfc scannow, ran a GPU stress test, did a clean format, uninstalled GPU drivers and reinstalled them, updated BIOS, nothing helped. I'm out of options right now. Save me from this wretched hell. PC specifications: CPU: Intel i5 6600k 3.5 Ghz (Used the Game Boost feature of MSI and got it up to 3.9 GHz) RAM: Hyperx Fury Black 8GB DDR4 GPU: ASUS RX460 4GB GDDR5 OC 128Bit Motherboard: MSI Z170A TOMAHAWK AC

So far these are the error messages: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA What failed: dxgkrn.sys DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Most common error) SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Here is a minidump https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yAtNT4OjXIdzi2YIKy7DigOEL4EXF5M-/view

My first post in this website, so be gentle. I built the pc myself by the way.

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

... Intel i5 6600k 3.5 Ghz (Used the Game Boost feature of MSI and got it up to 3.9 GHz

Disable that overclocking feature and test your RAM with a standalone diagnostic software. e.g. Memtest86, Memtest86+...

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

clear cmos maybe, and consult the motherboard manual for the beep codes.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube