add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Dual System PC Case

Ice44

2 months ago

Wondering how I would go about either building or buying a dual system case. Preferably as cheap as possible. Just an idea I have and was thinking about doing it diy and than doing dual system hardline cooling. All suggestions and ideas are welcome.

EDIT 1:

My main MOBO is ATX, the other mobo i want to use it mATX. But the second mobo can be changed. So lets go with ATX and ITX.

EDIT 2:

Was looking at the Cougar Gemini X. Something like that would be pretty cool to either DIY or buy something similar. Thoughts?

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

The Phanteks Enthoo Mini XL is the perfect case for this.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Issue with this is that my mobo is ATX, and the other mobo is mATX. Kinda a big issue that I forgot to specify.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

If you're not willing to use an ITX motherboard, your options are severely limited. Your options are as follows:

Phobya WaCoolT Cube 1

Thermaltake Core W200

Just use two separate systems.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

ITX can be used. I am starting to lean more towards the DIY side. Mainly for the challenge, and customization. What materials would I use to build it and what resources would I need. Should I design it in CAD software?

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Always start with CAD. After you get an idea for what you want, find a case that already conforms mostly to what you need. Then, measure and rebuild it in CAD for fitting. As for materials, you're probably looking for 0.6-0.8 mm SECC steel or 2-3 mm aluminum.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

What software would you recommend?

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Since you can use ITX, the Eclipse P600S and Evolv X both support an optional bracket for an additional motherboard of the ITX form factor.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Caselabs TX10

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

It would be fun to get that shipped to my house.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

That sounds like it would be fun to build, don't get me wrong, but the size of it, Jesus.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Its massive :P

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube