add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My Garage Sale Haul.

Ice44

2 months ago

So I went to a few garage sales this weekend. One in particular caught my eye while looking through kijiji. The person was selling an Alienware laptop (did a bit of research and it was a m17x with a i7 2670qm). I showed up this morning and it was still there. But I also saw a bunch of other stuff there such as 1080p monitors and flight simulation joysticks and such. Here is what I got

So the total that I spent was $15 and I got 3 1080p monitors and 2 joysticks + a thrust controller. Overall I think it was a pretty good haul. In hindsight there was a Razer Kraken headset for sale for about $5 that I probably could have talked him down to about $2.5. But I decided not to get it, what a shame. Pretty happy about what I got though, and hope to get some money from flipping some of the monitors (will be keeping the flight stuff). Also I didn't get the alienware laptop, mainly because he wanted $300 for it and I wasn't in the mood to talk him down to around $100.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I wish I lived in an area where I could find that kind of tech...

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you live out in a more rural area? I am pretty lucky to be living in a suburban area with people that are constantly buying new tech. My deals were mostly luck though :D

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, for the most part. I have some more suburban areas near if I travel a bit, but sales on tech are hard to come by.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

That sucks. At least you still got r/buildapcsales and craigslist :P

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube