add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I have a Acer Nitro 5 and am looking for tips.

Jason123santa

2 months ago

I have a Acer Nitro 5 and I always unplug it when I use it. I plug it back in to change it but I don't use it plugged in as it is in the wrong spot to be used when plugged in. I only get 30 minutes of game play when playing games like Rocket League.

Does anyone else unplug there laptop to use it or should I sell it and go with a desktop that might be better?

(I got this laptop because the spot I was going to put a desktop I might of got would be not a good spot but idk if it is. Is downstairs next to a dinning room and close to a bathroom a good spot to put a pc?)

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

The whole point of a laptop is portability. So, do you need portability or performance. Simple as that.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I kind of don't need protabillity I just thought the spot that I would put my desktop would be a bad spot and I did not want to build my own pc but I think it is easier then it seems. Is there a bad spot to but a gaming pc?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

A desktop is not an immovable object. There is no such thing as a bad spot. It is what works for you. Best to keep it in a well ventilated area and a room that isn't too hot.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks. How much could I sell my laptop sell for?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Specs?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

It is an Acer nitro 5 with core i 5 7th gen

1050 card and 256 GB ssd

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Keeping a desktop close to a bathroom doesnt really affect it, as far as my knowledge goes. I own a Nitro 5 too, the Ryzen 5 edition. An upgrade to a desktop is worth it. Go for it.. but plz wait for more opinions on more experienced people than me.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

It is not really close to a bathroom. I have an xbox that i never use in that spot that i might put my gaming pc.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Wireless signals are drowned and diffused if kept near a water source or near water flow, so it would be best to place your router away from the bathroom, if you are your router is near your PC. If you’re using a wired connection, then no problem.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you have a source for this information?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, I read it on some tech site. I am sorry I don’t remember the name of the site or the article. If my info is wrong then I am extremely sorry. Please correct me if I am wrong.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I genuinely don't know lmao. I just never heard of that before.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

My router is next to another pc away from water.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Most gaming laptops get crap battery life when unplugged, even without gaming. WHEN gaming, their battery gets chewed through even faster. These laptops are intended to be plugged in when gaming. Often they won't utilize their discrete GPUs at all if they aren't plugged in (you'll be running off the Intel iGPU), or will use them but are downclocking them severely.

Downstairs, next to a dining room and bathroom, is fine for a PC. As long as its fine for your home and you personally. The dining room and bathroom being nearby doesn't really matter. Now if there is excessive humidity (hot showers and no ventilation)? Maybe that matters, mayyyybe. If you're like, frying lots of stuff all the time then you might have to worry about oils in the air? I'm trying to think of reasons why you are concerned about the kitchen/bathroom lol, in general this is not a problem.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Well it is a little far way from a bathroom but it is in a room and it is my gaming setup but I do get it. I think that would be a good spot.

Also my acer nitro 5 with a Core i5 7th gen gtx 1050 and a 256 GB ssd would I get much better gaming? I know the battery life is so bad. I do have a lower end laptop so the battery life would not be good much.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Also my acer nitro 5 with a Core i5 7th gen gtx 1050 and a 256 GB ssd would I get much better gaming?

What are you asking me?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Would I get better gaming with a desktop?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I assume better gaming is better "performance" (higher fps, higher resolution, etc) in games. To which the answer is Yes, unless you built a desktop that was relatively equivalent in performance (or lower in performance!) to that laptop.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I want somthing that is the same price and the same performance as my laptop. Or even better then my laptop for the same price. I paid #600 for my laptop.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube