add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First time PC Builder 500$ budget

SamDavid357

14 days ago

This is my first time building a pc and I want a lot of suggestions on what you think is the most bang for my buck. This PC will only be used for gaming so I need really high FPS. I see a lot of budget builds out there but prices are dropping and I want the most up to date build for 500$. I do not care about the aesthetic look, just want something with a good processor and graphics card. I don't really know much but I want it to be up gradable. I will probably be building it in August/September so I will keep you up to date. Also, is it true I do not have to pay for windows when I build my pc? (Lol noob question) Please put your pcpartpicker link in the comments

Comments

• 14 days ago
  • 3 points

I will probably be building it in August/September so I will keep you up to date.

I would come back around then. No point in getting a part list now since prices are going drop and new stuff may be out. It will be a out dated part list by the time August/September rolls around.

Also, is it true I do not have to pay for windows when I build my pc? (Lol noob question)

No. You must pay for it according to the ToS since the ToS requires you to activate it which requires a key which costs money. Enforcement of that is a entirely different topic.

Also please do not fall for the scam of those ~$5-$20 Window keys on Ebay, G2A,whatever grey market site, etc. They aren't legit. Its like paid piracy.

• 14 days ago
  • 1 point

Thanks so much but I thought it was like a usb and you can use windows and just lose little features like backgrounds

• 13 days ago
  • 1 point

You can download and install it via USB for no cost, to actually use it(to get past the install screen) you will need to activate it to comply with the ToS. Like I said enforcement of this on Microsoft part is a entirely different story.

• 13 days ago
  • 1 point

Oh okay thanks

• 8 days ago
  • 1 point

There is windows 10 educational edition (which you can get if your in a university) and yes you can use windows 10 without a key, but i believe it's only a trial version that's time limited

• 7 days ago
  • 1 point

There is also linux and Steam as well for OSes.

• 8 days ago
  • 2 points

This topic has been moved from "General > General Discussion" to "Systems > Create A Part List For Me".

• 13 days ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor $118.50 @ Amazon
Motherboard ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $75.71 @ Amazon
Memory Patriot - Viper 4 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $45.98 @ Newegg
Storage Team - L5 LITE 3D 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $48.99 @ Newegg Business
Video Card PowerColor - Radeon RX 570 4 GB RED DRAGON Video Card $119.99 @ Newegg
Case DIYPC - DIY-BG01 ATX Mid Tower Case $35.96 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair - CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $44.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $490.12
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-10 10:39 EDT-0400
  • 13 days ago
  • 1 point

You think 480 GB is enough? I thought 1tb is good

• 13 days ago
  • 1 point

Also how good is that graphics card? I want to be able to play fortnite overwatch apex and cs go comfortably

• 13 days ago
  • 1 point

The RX 570 is a really damn good card for all those games you listed above.

You could go for a 240/256 gb ssd and get a 1tb hdd instead.

Good ssds for a budget is the l5 lite 3d and sunbow x3.

A400, Adata su 650 are garbo

• 8 days ago
  • 1 point

Suprised this hasn't been moved yet.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube