add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

all websites say no internet?

mattmonster

6 months ago

last 2 weeks for some reason it wont let me click any links or if i try t type in a random website it comes to the white no internet screen idk why and how to fix this issue

ps hope this is the right place to ask this question any advice would greatly be appreciated if not im gonna have t buy a new laptop

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Try putting more effort into your post, and perhaps you'll get more helpful responses. In its current state, your problem is difficult to understand.

Are you connected to a wireless or wired network? Do other devices on that local network appear to work correctly?

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

it isnt the internet its the pc. iv used 5 different connections since it started 3 different hotels and 2 houses.

was wondering if something t do with the firewall i only know very basic things with pc's i just noticed ever since i tried to reinstall avast and i the downloaded malwarebytes it started happening but i disabled both and it still didnt fix the problem so not sure

its strange i cant click any links on google only lets me go to the websites that iv been to past month or so

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

not sure if this was good enough lol its so crazy now that everytime i go to a hotel now i have to call tec support for them to manually log me into their wifi cause it wont connect to hotels wifis now

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

You've screwed something up in your network setup, probably related to DNS (name service). I'd suggest getting someone reasonably Windows-savvy to look at your network settings.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

hmm maybe geek squad? just moved and dont know anyone here tbh the pc only cost 300bucks 2 years ago so if i gotta pay over 30 bucks it wont be worth it really

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

well, it's almost certainly software, not hardware. Whatever you did to it (or, happened to it) is likely to happen again no matter how expensive the PC, unless you get it figured out.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

my disk says 100% which idk why it shouldn't idk if that has anything t do with it

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

that's an unrelated issue, (you can figure that one out later)

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably not but it wouldn't hurt to delete some junk files (empty the recycle bin) to see if that changes anything.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube