add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
BobSagot123456789

2 months ago

The price compare page for the windows 10 64-bit OEM has a incorrect link. I chose a usb-drive version and it brought me to the newegg site. It shows it is in the box the usb drive comes in so i purchased it. Only to find out it was really the disc version. I specifically chose a usb one, now i cant use this item and it is non-returnable. So thanks for adding the wrong link into the windows 10 usb page.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Well one, you can use it. All you need is the key after all and that should be inside the case. Download the image from MS and put it on a usb drive and use the key from the disc. It's a bit of a hassle (I guess) but not the catastrophe you seem to be imagining. I'd even argue you're better off because chances are the image you get from MS is more current than the image on the disc or usb from Newegg, so fewer updates to download and install.

Secondly, there's a saying, "Trust but verify." It's really on you to confirm the thing you've been linked to is the thing you want to buy, mistakes happen. Pcpartpicker might have an incorrect link. And you compound that by blindly clicking buy on anything they link you to. If you're not double checking you're going to experience this pain eventually. And while your ego may not like it, the incorrect link is on them, the incorrect purchase is on you.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

This kinda of sounds like a Newegg issue imo.

EDIT: As long as the image was from Newegg’s site.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd use the media creation and have Windows 10 install on a spare USB. Then just use the product key from the disc.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

you bought at newegg right? ***** to newegg, not here

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I see multiple listings for the same product at newegg all the time, its the in thing for retailers to do now. I dload the newest win10 at MS site into a local ISO, then get rufus and put a usb drive in and it will write the ISO to the usb drive bootable. Boot your new PC on that usb it will install the newest windows and will work, you can put your license in later its no big deal. This worked perfectly for me. Saw many reports of MS usb were old versions or usb did not work. If problem with the usb you can make another with rufus, if still problem ISO can be bad so download it again. I'd recommend you only get win10 from MS direct for a download. You can use MS to make a usb too, many say the rufus is better. Rufus writes the usb pretty fast. Rufus: https://rufus.ie/

For what its worth, now I have a bootable win usb I can also backup, and have the original ISO for this win version.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, I would like to add that along with all the advice here: DEAL WITH IT

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube