add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
yeetloaf

4 months ago

how much space do i realistically need for everything on win 10

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications

I mean 32GB minimum for Win10 x64. How much space it will use for a clean install, plus all future updates and whatnot, who can say. Even if you've resigned yourself to a tiny SSD for the C: drive, prices are such that you should be able to get something that greatly exceeds Windows needs even if you're literally only going to have Windows on the SSD.

I guess the question is what is the SSD/HDD/partition configuration you imagine where the size of Windows is a concern you need to consider?

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

120gb ssd

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean that should be sufficient for Windows 10 and some other software.

If this is your first step into SSD land, I'm going to encourage you to get a larger SSD. Prices are pretty low ($20 for a 120GB after all), but they're also low enough to get a reasonable amount of space. And in general you're going to be happier overall with more SSD space. Or you're just going to end up buying a larger drive sooner rather than later anyway.

A. Because once you go SSD you don't go back.

B. Because managing and working around a tiny drive stops becoming entertaining almost immediately.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

ok ill go 240 cus thats best i can afford

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a PC here with a 120 SSD win 10 has a couple years+ on it daily use, it was a modded refurb. No problems but you have to move your user files (documents/photo/video/etc) to the hdd (win10 will do this). This one has a 2tb hdd that is half full of stuff and it works fine. I should clone it to a larger ssd given prices. The ssd is near full as stuff invariably gets put on it and have to move it once in a while, the user is not great about checking that.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube