add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

HardOCP shutting down.

Gilroar

8 months ago

Kyle Bennet is moving on to Intel marketing as Director of Enthusiast Engagement.

They are mothballing the website and selling the forums to another company where it will be Patreon funded.

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2019/03/19/goodbye_hardocp_hello_intel/

Sad to see a good review source shuttering but will be interesting to see what happens with Intel's marketing now with a dedicated enthusiast focused position.

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 5 points

Effective April 1, 2019

Hmmmm

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

I might be more concerned if it was set for April 20, 2019.

Intel's taking a new route now, bois.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Bunch of people asked about that on Twitter and He is saying that it isn't a joke.

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

Hopefully that goes well for us users who like to push their hardware to its limit.

I want him to push for sperate tRP and tRCD timings, having them linked impacts my RAM overclocking :)

• 8 months ago
  • 3 points

Director of Enthusiast Engagement essentially means its a marketing role and nothing to do with product dev.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe He can put in a word with Jim Keller.

Not sure though How I feel about Intel hiring so much of the tech media and competition.

I mean Raja I get AMD didn't have the necessary IP to make His scalable GPU dream a reality.

But Raja pulled in Keller who designed Ryzen for head of silicon development.

And quite a few of AMD's marketing dept.

I forget His name from PCPer went over to Intel.

Now Kyle who broke the NVidia partner program.

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

I am going to miss that site:(

Best of luck to Kyle, here is hoping he continues to tell truth to power in his new role.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Knowing intel he will likely be forced into leading customers away from the truth.

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

On one hand He is the person who blew up the NVidia Partner Program.

On the other He also stood on stage and helped AMD hype Vega's launch.

I would say He isn't above putting the best face on a bad product to further competition.

But at the same time He also will not stand for what He sees as an outright attempt to manipulate.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube