• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

birdbite 6 days ago

So, I'm dumb as dirt when it comes to these sort of things, but I'm seriously dying for a new computer. I haven't had a desktop since I was like six, and am currently running on an Omen laptop that was given to me as a gift. Following the pinned post's parameters; - Budget: $970 - Location: Indiana - Use (gaming, rendering, etc): Gaming, visual artwork, regular desktop usage - Peripherals required (monitor, keyboard/mouse, etc): Just needing the actual tower itself - Operating System required: Windows

I've got monitors, keyboards, mice, etc on lock because I've got plenty. I need to build something with multiple USB ports due to the amount of things I need to have plugged in at once. Something that won't lose its mind because I've got more than one thing connected via bluetooth running as well, and won't wig out with a tablet bluetoothed to it.

Like I said I'm REALLY R E A L L Y stupid when it comes to PC specs. I wholeheartedly just need to be pointed in the right direction and told "ok, get this it fits what you're needing".

Thank you so much in advance

Comments Sorted by:

Crofter 5 Builds 1 point 6 days ago

How does this look, gets you plenty of usb ports and wireless connectivity WiFi and Bluetooth. With decent 12 threaded CPU and strong GPU.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $164.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte - B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) ATX AM4 Motherboard $114.99 @ Newegg
Memory Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $84.99 @ Newegg
Storage Team - L5 LITE 3D 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $49.99 @ Newegg Business
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB XC BLACK GAMING Video Card $274.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Phanteks - Eclipse P300 Tempered Glass (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $55.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply Antec - Earthwatts Gold Pro 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $69.98 @ SuperBiiz
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $99.49 @ SuperBiiz
Case Fan BitFenix - BFF-SCF-14025KK-RP 47.7 CFM 140mm Fan $9.99 @ SuperBiiz
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $970.28
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-17 04:04 EDT-0400
birdbite submitter 1 point 6 days ago

So far I'm pretty down with it! I definitely need something with a pretty decent amount of memory, and given that appears to have a whole 1TB I think I'm solid. I'm most familiar with intel but not scared to try out an AMD; heard good things.

How would something like this fare with broke to high heaven games like Ark? Whole high detail, memory leak issues, etc.?