• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

-parzival- 6 days ago

Just want your list. Mine are 1.Twilight Princess 2.Wind Waker 3.Phantom Hourglass (Yes I have played OoT and Link to the Past)

Comments Sorted by:

NoblePCC 1 point 6 days ago
  1. Botw
  2. Windwaker
  3. Legend of Zelda
RamenWrestler 1 point 5 days ago
  1. Majora's Mask
  2. Breath of the Wild
  3. A Link Between Worlds
darkshadoku 1 Build 1 point 5 days ago

Have not played any of the wii and newer ones except for Wind waker... so...

1:Ocarina of Time 2: A Link to the Past 3: Majoras Mask

-parzival- submitter 2 points 5 days ago

I haven't played majoras mask as I have a gamecube but I'm probably gonna get one of those disks with the original zelda, zelda 2, Oot, and MM

darkshadoku 1 Build 1 point 5 days ago

I think i still have mine somewhere lol that little disc comes in handy

worstcaster 1 Build 1 point 5 days ago

1) Windwaker

2) Skyward Sword - I know a lot of people don't like it, but I enjoyed it.

3) A Link to the Past

-parzival- submitter 1 point 4 days ago

I thought that a lot of people would be shocked that I put phantom hourglass on there as a lot of people don't like it

worstcaster 1 Build 1 point 4 days ago

If you aren't hurting anyone, then you owe no one an explanation for the things you like.

8bitbro 1 Build 1 point 4 days ago
  1. Link to the Past

2. Legend of Zelda

3. Links Awakening.

:)

GeorgeReorgeRartinMartin 1 point 4 days ago

I liked Ocarina of Time, Link's Awakening and Breath of the Wild.

But they're usually always quality games that are in the top tier of games for their generation. You kinda can't go wrong with Zelda.

-parzival- submitter 1 point 4 days ago

Too true.

Memo1010 1 Build -2 points 6 days ago

karma's about to take a hit

Botw is maybe in the top 10

Granddy 1 Build 1 point 5 days ago

Ouch.

Memo1010 1 Build 1 point 5 days ago

no regrets though, I told the hard cold truth

-parzival- submitter 1 point 5 days ago

Gonna be honest, I agree with you

Memo1010 1 Build 1 point 4 days ago

Wasn't sure if anyone would. Its not necessarily a bad game but I have no idea how it got to the point of being considered one of the best games ever.

I can see that. If you're a traditionalist and you want a classic Zelda experience with modern graphics then Botw probably isn't exactly what you would have wished for.

There's always a fine line to walk for long term fans between just making the same game over and over again and taking risks on a new design and new direction.

Not every choice is the best or loved by every player. I'm kinda of tired of carrying around an armory in botw and having weapons constantly breaking. That's probably the most annoying thing for me.

Memo1010 1 Build 1 point 4 days ago

Yeah, replacing weapons again and again does get annoying, and the dungeons just aren't fun (though to be fair that is a rather common complaint I have in Zelda games, though some of them are pretty good in terms of dungeons). I also was quite disappointed with the graphics, playing windwaker on the Wii U looks a lot better than playing Botw on the Switch (which I imagine looks even worse on Wii U)

Well I wonder if that's a consequence of the different styles between the two games and particular preference.

When people bring up Wind Waker I have to chuckle because I remember all the wailing about the art style for it leading up to and the initial release (where people wanted something that looked like Twilight Princess), but a decade after the game cube release and people seem to be much happier with it in hindsight.

I always thought Wind Waker looked nice, I thought Botw looked good too. I've played the WiiU and the Switch versions and they both seem serviceable to me. The difference between 720p and 900p (the biggest difference I think) isn't huge for me, unless maybe I was seeing them side by side. I'm a bit more forgiving when it comes to console graphics though because it's not generally something you can control (as opposed to the monster I am when it comes to PC graphics configs). It is what it is. And I'm usually satisfied with what the developers can achieve given the limitations of the hardware. But I kinda of tend to compartmentalize everything that way, "within the limits of its world this is how it is."

[comment deleted]