add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Top 3 Zelda Games

-parzival-

8 months ago

Just want your list. Mine are 1.Twilight Princess 2.Wind Waker 3.Phantom Hourglass (Yes I have played OoT and Link to the Past)

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points
  1. Majora's Mask
  2. Breath of the Wild
  3. A Link Between Worlds
  • 8 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. Botw
  2. Windwaker
  3. Legend of Zelda
  • 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Have not played any of the wii and newer ones except for Wind waker... so...

1:Ocarina of Time 2: A Link to the Past 3: Majoras Mask

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

I haven't played majoras mask as I have a gamecube but I'm probably gonna get one of those disks with the original zelda, zelda 2, Oot, and MM

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I think i still have mine somewhere lol that little disc comes in handy

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

1) Windwaker

2) Skyward Sword - I know a lot of people don't like it, but I enjoyed it.

3) A Link to the Past

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I thought that a lot of people would be shocked that I put phantom hourglass on there as a lot of people don't like it

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

If you aren't hurting anyone, then you owe no one an explanation for the things you like.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. Link to the Past

2. Legend of Zelda

3. Links Awakening.

:)

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I liked Ocarina of Time, Link's Awakening and Breath of the Wild.

But they're usually always quality games that are in the top tier of games for their generation. You kinda can't go wrong with Zelda.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Too true.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. Minish Cap
  2. Oracle of Ages
    Also 2. Oracle of Seasons

If I count Ages/Seasons as one game then third place can be uhhhh Link to the Past I guess

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. Wind Waker

2. Breath of the Wild

3. Minish Cap

Fourth place for me gets to be a really hard decision, though.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably:

Breath of the Wild
A Link to the Past
Twilight Princess

I haven't played almost all of the handheld games like Minnish Cap, Seasons, etc. Only one I played was Link's Awakening on OG Gameboy. Played every console game except Skyward Sword.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point
  • Link to the Past

• Wind Waker

• Legend of Zelda

• 8 months ago
  • -1 points

karma's about to take a hit

Botw is maybe in the top 10

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Ouch.

• 8 months ago
  • 0 points

no regrets though, I told the hard cold truth

• 8 months ago
  • 0 points

Gonna be honest, I agree with you

• 8 months ago
  • 0 points

Wasn't sure if anyone would. Its not necessarily a bad game but I have no idea how it got to the point of being considered one of the best games ever.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I can see that. If you're a traditionalist and you want a classic Zelda experience with modern graphics then Botw probably isn't exactly what you would have wished for.

There's always a fine line to walk for long term fans between just making the same game over and over again and taking risks on a new design and new direction.

Not every choice is the best or loved by every player. I'm kinda of tired of carrying around an armory in botw and having weapons constantly breaking. That's probably the most annoying thing for me.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, replacing weapons again and again does get annoying, and the dungeons just aren't fun (though to be fair that is a rather common complaint I have in Zelda games, though some of them are pretty good in terms of dungeons). I also was quite disappointed with the graphics, playing windwaker on the Wii U looks a lot better than playing Botw on the Switch (which I imagine looks even worse on Wii U)

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I wonder if that's a consequence of the different styles between the two games and particular preference.

When people bring up Wind Waker I have to chuckle because I remember all the wailing about the art style for it leading up to and the initial release (where people wanted something that looked like Twilight Princess), but a decade after the game cube release and people seem to be much happier with it in hindsight.

I always thought Wind Waker looked nice, I thought Botw looked good too. I've played the WiiU and the Switch versions and they both seem serviceable to me. The difference between 720p and 900p (the biggest difference I think) isn't huge for me, unless maybe I was seeing them side by side. I'm a bit more forgiving when it comes to console graphics though because it's not generally something you can control (as opposed to the monster I am when it comes to PC graphics configs). It is what it is. And I'm usually satisfied with what the developers can achieve given the limitations of the hardware. But I kinda of tend to compartmentalize everything that way, "within the limits of its world this is how it is."

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I always thought Wind Waker looked nice

Me too. I remember catching flak for really liking the art style back then... and was surprised when people started talking about how great it was, and comparing the HD remake to upscaled original, etc.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I kinda of wonder if this is really a consequence of how games and graphics have matured over the years and how expectations have changed now that graphics are generally always just good enough and we know how a game looks is almost entirely a deign choice and not a failure on the developers part or some sort of technical limitation. We've seen enough gorgeous nearly photo-realistic games that trying to set the bar higher just has diminishing returns.

Ocarina of Time came out in November 1998, and Wind Waker in March 2003, 4.5 years later, and people would have seen screen shots and press for at least a year leading up to release. And people were still clamoring for better and better graphics.

But now, if you double the number of polys used in cars in GTA6 over GTA5, does anyone really notice? Does a game benefit more from looking slightly more realistic that than the last version, or having a unique or interesting style? In the early 2003's games still had a ways to go before people (or maybe just me) stopped caring about graphics. But now however a games looks is just how it's supposed to look, so we're a lot more tolerant of varied styles.

So maybe Wind Waker really was just ahead of its time. Or maybe people would still riot if something like GTA6 came out with a cartoony style.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube