• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

cheetozgodgalaxy 1 month ago

Hey i have: CPU= Intel CPU G4560 Dual-core @3.50ghz Motherboard= B250m-ds3h gigabyte micro ATX Memory= Ripjaws V Series 8GB Videocard= Radeon RX 570 4 GB red dragon Storage= Seagate-BarraCuda 1TB 3.5 7200RPM IHD Powersupply= Corsair - CXM 550w 80+bronze certified semi modular ATX Now i also have a storage : Crucial BX500 240GB 2.5 SSD but it is currently broken. i am having problems with my pc where games like Guild Wars 2, State of Decay 2, Apex Legends, and now the Division 2 do not operate without having graphics turned down. The division 2 is worst cuzz my pc straight laggs and cant load fast enough even with alll graphics down. just too laggy and it also said my PC does not meet min reqs.. i feel my xbox one s can do a better job. this computer is great otherwise but i was wondering do i just need to upgrade something? add more ram or add a SSD. upgrade CPU and Motherboard? Is my equipment that outdated that it cant handle these things? i can record some vids and show ya if ya want.How do i increase my performance without sacrificing too much graphics. I see other ppl record on thier PCs pretty good but i know they must have high end equipment I also use OBS and i can record most games but like i said graphics will definally have to be low. .

Comments Sorted by:

manirelli staff 8 Builds 1 point 1 month ago
bucketofcrud12 5 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

its more than likely the CPU. I would upgrade to a Ryzen 2600 or something like that. if you are a diehard intel guy, then perhaps check out the i5-9600K (if you have the budget for it). Ryzen currently looks like it will have an excellent upgrade path and I am in some ways interested in switching from my intel platform at some point myself.

cheetozgodgalaxy submitter 1 point 1 month ago

can u show me a build!?

also. will the ryzen 2600 be good enough for those games. or should i get ryzen 2700? i dont need 60fps ultra settings. just good enough to play the game smoothly with no hic ups. do i need to chance the mobo too?

Eltech 20 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

The Ryzen 5 2600 is plenty enough for gaming. You don't need a Ryzen 7 2700 for gaming but you can most certainly do so regardless (same thing applies to an i7-7700.) However, if you are going to switch to Ryzen then you need a new motherboard, specifically for the AM4 socket and no longer use your Intel LGA1151 socket motherboard.

If you could upgrade your processor which is what I would do instead versus having to deactive your current Windows Key Product from your previous motherboard first. And then have to buy a new motherboard and CPU. Then have to undo the cables within your case and leave them temporary alone until you have installed new CPU with stockfan and AM4 motherboard within your case. Then you'll have to reinstall windows 10 to the AM4 socket while re-activate your previous Windows product key to this new motherboard. Lastly, you'll have to download the necessary drivers for the motherboard and video card then should be OK to game for newer games that may require a good processor.

I'm guessing for now what your current part list is because I don't see one here at all. Until you make one would help a bit further. I have no clue what your case is nor your RAM is single (1x8GB) or dual (2x4GB)?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5 GHz Dual-Core Processor $0.00
Motherboard Gigabyte - GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $0.00
Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $0.00
Storage Crucial - BX500 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $0.00
Storage Seagate - BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $0.00
Video Card PowerColor - Radeon RX 570 4 GB RED DRAGON Video Card $0.00
Power Supply Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $0.00
Other "The SSD is broken."
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $0.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-17 13:22 EDT-0400

I would recommend upgrading to the i5-7600 and if you can afford a new tight budget SSD down the road. This Kingston A400 SSD would be OK to purchase but you don't need this right away either if you want something better.

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-7600 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor $243.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Kingston - A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $29.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $0.00
Total $273.88
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-17 13:24 EDT-0400

If you cannot afford the $245~ or could check out Ebay.

Or could spend about $205~$220 for the i5-7500.

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-7500 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Processor $205.11 @ Walmart
Total $235.10
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-17 13:43 EDT-0400

You could check out Ebay as well and see if you can get it for less, it varies here but certainly try and see what offers are out there: Ebay - i5-7500.

The motherboard might / may acknowledge a new hardware occurred and will ask to go to the BIOS again then when you are in the BIOS then boot to your OS again and should be normal. If it ever has trouble for some reason then taking out the CMOS battery and place it back in can help reset the motherboard and should run normal again but this is uncommon.

If you really want to do a Ryzen 5 build, well you'll have to redo a few things as I mentioned earlier. And again, no clue what your case is and which RAM of 8GB you have as single (1x8GB) or dual pairs (2x4GB).

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $164.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte - B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $74.99 @ Newegg
Total $269.97
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-17 13:35 EDT-0400

It all depends on what you want to do at the end of the day. You can do a quick swap on the processor or buy a new CPU with motherboard which requires to undo and redoing cables with the new hardware and making sure you can re-activate the Windows Key Product to the new motherboard and download the motherboard drivers and video card driver.

I don't know which route you want to do for Intel or Ryzen but your current hardware will hold you out longer if just upgrade your processor. Quad-cores are still powerful enough to game in 2019.

cheetozgodgalaxy submitter 2 points 1 month ago

wow your such a great help. sooo i see if i upgrade to the the CPU to i5-7600 i can use that with my current MOBO. if i go to Ryzen 5 i have to change a few things. Honestly which one would u think is better . i can afford the i5-7600 but would changing to Ryzen be better in long run? like i said before i cant play The Division 2 on what i got now and not many other new games that recently came out. I dont need Ultra 4k settings either. But i do want it to look great and play better. btw its Dual pairs (2x4gb)

Eltech 20 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

wow your such a great help. sooo i see if i upgrade to the the CPU to i5-7600 i can use that with my current MOBO. if i go to Ryzen 5 i have to change a few things. Honestly which one would u think is better . i can afford the i5-7600 but would changing to Ryzen be better in long run?

I'm still using my i7-4790K paired with a GTX 1070 to this day and I can play new games and mine is barely overclocked. I haven't seen new games going too intense on my i7 processor and same thing for my i5-7600 + GTX 1070. Resolutions tend to be 1440p with the new games at High/Max and 4K for old games that support it. Yet it's understandable for anything that may have stopped working or not running to well and need a solution to improve ASAP. May help too if you afford to upgrade your SSD down the road and could play your favorite games there and put your other games you poke sometimes on the hard drive.

And this is only my opinion but I don't see myself jumping to new hardware if I had Skylake or Kaby Lake (even though I also have Devil's Canyon too). I held off to new a desktop for about 8~9 years and so I try to wait about 7~10 years most if I am OK with everything. GPUs are easy to upgrade too but be aware of the features it offers and make sure to research if the performance increase is worth it or not.

If you want new hardware and are OK redoing the Windows Product Key, undoing some cables in your case and prepping your new CPU/CPU Cooler and Motherboard and installing the necessary drivers for the motherboard and the video card, and reinstalling your games then go for it. AM4 will support the next generation of processors. Versus having to purchase a new motherboard and CPU again with Intel (not really new under the sun with Intel of course).

kschendel 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

I’d see if you’re running short of memory before throwing money; it’s a lot easier to add another 8 GB than to replace parts that might not need replacing.

yeah im not going to just throw a bunch of money . i just need a faster CPU as im still using a dual core. and i do need antoher SSD as the one i had snapped in half