PCPartPicker

• Register

Are wars/large conflicts (both civil and regular) imminent?

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

JRPG_Guy 1 month ago

The shooting in NZ has me thinking. Are massive conflicts imminent? For quite some time I've notice anger brewing in many people.

Race vs race Religion vs religion Political party vs political party MGTOW vs Feminist Nation vs Nation

Am I over thinking things or should we all be concerned? Should I be worried about a second civil war?

Comments Sorted by:

tomtomj2 9 Builds 6 points 1 month ago

History is always doomed to repeat itself. Seems we never learn.

Take both World Wars for example, tensions arise particularly before massive wars. For WWI is was the formation of alliances, revolution brewing in Slavic areas of European empires etc. Then the whole keg blew with the assassination of the Archduke.

WWII, Great Depression hits, war torn Europe is in shambles, leaves a large gap of political power to grow. People are desperate and this allows Facsist and Communist parties to seize control of weak governments. Finally Germany breaks treaty and conquers most of Europe.

Most conflicts in History you’ll see these trends, first it’s minor, builds up to a breaking point, finally a single or series of events knocks the whole thing over. Rinse and repeat.

Gilroar 1 Build 3 points 1 month ago

Are massive conflicts imminent? For quite some time I've notice anger brewing in many people.

What I find truly scary is the anger is not just within the extremists but the people who are more moderate and are being pushed to the breaking point by people of extreme viewpoints.

No War is ever the same as the others before it.

And I fear this next might just be more of a purging of extreme elements in order that people willing to live and let be whether they agree with the others viewpoints or not can live out their lives in peace.

BetrayedPredator 3 points 1 month ago

The extremist are trying to force moderates to pick a side

It goes full circle, one terrorist does something then someone else retaliates.

It was saw with the New Zealand attacks, the person was intentionally trying to create a divide.

Its scary to watch it happen and see parallels from the past.

But its humanity

Gilroar 1 Build 2 points 1 month ago

Yup.

My concern is in their attempts to do so they incite the moderates against them and find themselves with nobody on their side but their enemies.

It would be all to easy to justify for most normal people and that is the scariest part of it.

IamNotGoodWithUsernames 2 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

I don't know, im not a genie, just some rando connected via the internets wondering what the future holds.

However there has always been political tension and separation of ideology, however due to the fact that ( almost ) all of us are becoming internet randos it helps us to release our true image, no matter how extreme it is. And overtime your internet self starts to become your real life self. Theres studies that prove that your search history reflects who you are as a person. Once the blur begins to become more clear you start to show your real self in real life, no matter how extreme it is.

We as humans aren't used to this amount of freedom of expression and mass communication and because of this and what i stated before it turns people more extreme, which explains why this is becoming more and more common and usually with younger individuals.

I think that you, OP are becoming a little too paranoid, while its good to have plans and prepare if a worse case scenario happens you shouldn't count of them happening.

These are just my 2 cents, not some "facts of life".