add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Moving Windows 10 to another hard drive.

akimboo

4 months ago

Two years ago i got a pre-built Lenovo computer, now it is pretty much a completely different computer, only part still remaining from the original pre-built is the HDD. Apparently my windows key is linked to my Microsoft account, i was wondering if and how i could reinstall my copy of Windows onto another drive and not have issues? This isn't something I've ever had to deal with so I really have no clue.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

You should be able to just clone your existing HDD (leaving the data intact) to the SSD.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

but how? I'm trying to move the OS to my SSD without all the other files... all im seeing is 3rd party software ads on youtube etc.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

The software that I’ve mainly come across is for disk partitioning, which you can use for that

(move everything onto the SSD, and what you don’t want can be moved to the HDD)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube