add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Issues with Windows 10 Boot

rockslinger

4 months ago

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask for help but the community has been nothing but kind and supportive in regards with everything PC related here.

So I recently installed a new SSD but started noticing issues with my Windows 10. When booting up, I was once greeted with 'Preparing Automatic Repair' message during Windows loading screen. I let it run but it wouldn't finish so I had to hard reset, which booted my computer normally.

From this point, I also hear a device disconnecting every time I login to my desktop and I have no idea what it is.

Last night, my windows updated after a shutdown. When turning on my computer today, the automatic repair screen appeared again and it failed to repair my windows and noticed something strange with the error message:

D:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

My OS is installed on the C drive so I am not sure why it was D instead, which is my new SSD.

I searched for a solution but none of them helped. I was told to go into command prompt and go into bootrec and type /fixboot and the access is denied. I have no idea why this is happening, apart from all of this however, my computer seems to be running fine.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Disconnect all drives, except the solid state drive and test.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube