add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Trying to get Windows 10

Countless

4 months ago

So... I bought a new built computer and it has Windows 7 Home on it. I'm trying to upgrade it to windows 10. My old PC ran Windows 10 off a 1Tb SSD. Am I able to hook up my old SSD to my new rig and run Windows 10 for the whole new PC? I've tried googling it but can't seem to find a proper answer

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey I'm currently in the same situation but my previous pc has the full version. Would I just download windows onto my usb then transfer to my new pc? Would that be full version of windows or would I have to get a key and how?

[comment deleted]
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

How do I receive the key from the original system? My original system fully licensed just wondering how to get the key

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Settings > About > Product ID

It will be a 25 character code in this format:

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay ty

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

not allowed to do that

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Use of Windows must be done with a legitimate product key.

Per Microsoft:

You are authorized to use this software only if you are properly licensed and the software has been properly activated with a genuine product key or by other authorized method.

For more information please see: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Useterms/Retail/Windows/10/UseTerms_Retail_Windows_10_English.htm

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube