add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Does it need to be legit?

UltraNoob123

4 months ago

Is there any benefits of having a legit copy of windows 10?

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 5 points

What...

Root_user explains the actual benefits but I'm gonna say one more

How about just paying a company for the product they make? You can dislike MS all you want and can make excuses about how they don't deserve your money but the fact is, they made this product, if you want it you buy it. I'm not saying you're in this camp but I've seen so much of this stuff

-edit

Look I get for a lot of people (including me) that 100$ is a lot to spend on something for your PC especially if you're on a real tight budget, and I'm gonna be honest, I've pirated windows before, but I kinda realised that, people made this OS.. Real people with families and bills, and while sure, you not buying windows isn't gonna ruin an employees life it's just the principle of buying something, an exchange of goods to benefit one another. Microsoft offers an operating system that allows you to game, do homework earn money, pay bills and so much more, all they're asking for is you pay the license fee. it's hard to imagine but there was a time where operating systems were thousands of dollars , it's microsoft that made it affordable to buy their OS

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

You can dislike MS all you want and can make excuses about how they don't deserve your money...

There ya go. I've gone from being a long-time Microsoft fan to basically hating the company, and I hate the idea of putting Windows 10 on any of my hardware. But if I'm going to use it, I'm going to pay for it.

It's just common decency really.

• 4 months ago
  • -1 points

Well, Linux is free so it's not like they are some superheroes making operating systems cheap

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Then use Linux?

If Linux offers you everything you need... Then use Linux

I doubt it does because you're trying to use windows.

• 4 months ago
  • -1 points

You look at Linux like it's comparable to Windows or MacOS. It is not.

Linux is a basic OS kernel, most of the time with a simplified GUI desktop environment. Linux requires that the end user (you, if you choose to use it) install drivers, along with basic libraries used to run applications. Due to it's simpleness and lack of clutter, it's excellent for single tasks, like transferring data between servers or running a set of hard drives.

Unfortunately, this simpleness comes at a cost. Drivers you use may conflict with each other, resulting in crashes for seemingly no reason. Applications you install may conflict, meaning you can't listen to music and game at the same time, or even use voice chat. And god-forbid, if the rare Linux-targeting virus pops up, your personal information is truly screwed - Linux's many flavors take months - even years - to get security patches.

Compare this to Windows, which gets monthly security updates, often for security holes not even known to the hacking community. You also get customer support (even if it's bad, it's better than nothing), which Linux has none. And you get a powerful machine you don't have to fiddle around with.

• 4 months ago
  • 4 points

any benefits of having a legit copy of windows 10?

• Not getting ripped off

• Complying with MS ToS

• Complying with PCPP practices

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes, its the legal way to do it. Locked.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

TANSTAAFL.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube