• No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

2catnap 5 days ago

Hello!

I own a almost 12 year old PC, that oldie never disappointed me even though it has horrible specs anyone would scream at if they were to see them. Still, I could play games at the worst settings, even do a bit of editing. I normally wouldn't get myself a new PC since this one is still going strong, but it is outdated. Running on 32x bit I'm simply not able to work with newer programs or play anything that came out ever since 2014.

That's why I'm planning on building my second (ever) PC myself. I already did my research, but still am not a hundred percent sure about compatibility of all parts. Here is my parts list:

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/2catnap/saved/nkfXP6

I have a budget of ~1000$, though I would like to stay under it so I can buy a new monitor together with all the parts all at once (my currency isn't Dollar but it doesn't matter, I'm pretty sure I will have to go over that 1000 budget since parts are rather expensive in my own currency and country).

All in all I want something for everyday usage, a smooth and fast gaming experience (I guess light to moderate gaming), and a little editing.

Should I downgrade CPU in favour of a better GPU? Is a 650w power supply too much?

Also, which cases would you recommend? I don't want to spend much money on one and if possible I would even like something smaller but I'm not sure how that would fit with the hardware.

No need for an OS.

If anyone would like to help me pick parts or can recommend a good build, I would be very happy. Thanks a lot!

Comments Sorted by:

eesti 1 point 5 days ago

assuming you are german, this should work very well for you: PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor €159.90 @ Alternate
Motherboard ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard €84.99 @ Amazon Deutschland
Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory €117.90 @ Amazon Deutschland
Storage Western Digital - Blue 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive €129.90 @ Amazon Deutschland
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB OC Video Card €367.99 @ Mindfactory
Case Thermaltake - V200 Tempered Glass Edition ATX Mid Tower Case €47.61 @ Amazon Deutschland
Power Supply Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply €59.97 @ Amazon Deutschland
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total €968.26
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-12 18:16 CET+0100
2catnap submitter 1 point 4 days ago

Hello! Not German, but close by and we share the same amazon page with the Germans so prices are somewhat similar. I'll definitely check the parts out, though I might have to find a roundabout way since I don't have prime. Thank you!

Zerk2012 1 Build 1 point 5 days ago

Your build looks good to me like it is you need a case and buy the memory in a 2X8gb set not 2 individual packages.

Yes overkill on the power supply you can run that on a 450 watt PSU easy.

2catnap submitter 1 point 4 days ago

Hello! The ram I have in mind is a 2x8 set, just was too stupid to find the proper options to list the parts here so I just did 2x 1x8.

I'll probably go for 550w.

Thank you for responding!