• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

V1ND0G 7 days ago

Here's is a list i made out I am hoping to get someone with experience to take a look at the list and guide me in a better direction with any of the current parts without going up in price at least not very much. Any help and or advice is appreciated thank you. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9yzLHh

Comments Sorted by:

ProbablyProdigy 3 Builds 2 points 7 days ago

For the price, the parts you chose are about the best you can do in terms of price-to-performance. I did add an SSD which you will definitely want. It'll make a night and day difference with navigating the OS, opening programs, etc. I also swapped out the HDD. For a few more bucks, I believe the Seagate would be a better choice.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $164.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard *ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $59.99 @ Newegg
Memory *G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $84.99 @ Newegg
Storage ADATA - Ultimate SU800 256 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $42.99 @ Amazon
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $59.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card *PowerColor - Radeon RX 580 8 GB Video Card $179.99 @ Newegg
Case Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case $39.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply *EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $59.89 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $722.72
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $692.72
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-10 18:37 EST-0500
V1ND0G submitter 1 point 6 days ago

Right on thank you!

ProbablyProdigy 3 Builds 2 points 6 days ago

No problem. As Zerk2012 mentioned, it only comes with one. You will at least one more fan to have decent airflow. One in the front intaking and one in the rear exhausting.

Honestly I’m not stuck on this particular case I’m open to recommendations I haven't had a chance to look too much at them

ProbablyProdigy 3 Builds 2 points 6 days ago

It's a great case for the cost although I only know that from reviews and not personal experience. I know that if I ever do a budget build, that'll most likely be the case that I choose. Most premium cases will run you at least twice as much.

As for the SSD, I would say to definitely go with the MX500 if price is competitive. I've used that SSD and it's fantastic. The ADATA is great as well.

Thank you so much for all your input it’s very helpful one last question as for the fan I need to get to install in the case do you have any suggestions? And should I just go up to 500Gb since it’s a $20 difference from the 250Gb SSD

Also for the SSD what are your thoughts of going with Crucial - MX500 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive or even going up to 500 GB the ADATA 500 is $69 and the Crucial 500 is $62 or even WD which its 500 is at $67 or is 500 not needed just stick with ~250GB

Zerk2012 1 Build 2 points 6 days ago

Just do you know thst case only comes wth one fan not the 3 pictured.

You need to add 2 fans for the front of the case.

Honestly I’m not stuck on this particular case I’m open to recommendations I haven't had a chance to look too much at them

[comment deleted]