add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Upgrading sons first build

jeremygill

3 months ago

Couple years ago my son and I built first his first gaming pc with the mindset that we were going to upgrade. Went with pc mate b250, intel g4560, and 8gb ram. Well it's time to upgrade. Add Gpu, upgrade CPU, or.......? $350 budget

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Don’t know what speed ram you have, but here

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nxMqRJ

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Why not go with a cheaper 570 like the Powercolor?

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Most likely has 4gb of ram, but I’ll look I to it.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, general kenobi.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

It has 4gb of ram where mine has 8gb

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Not like that'll make any difference in performance. The 570 itself is too slow to have a performance increase in 8gb compared to 4gb. Even if you need those max textures for futureproofing, it won't make the game look better if everything else is turned to low.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube