• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

ABowlofLife 1 month ago

My second $20 headset has died on me and since I have built a high end computer recently I think its time for a high end gaming headset. My budget is $200 but can go over if need be.

Comments Sorted by:

ImperiousBattlestar 3 points 1 month ago

Get a decent headphone amp, and some top of the line cans (from Massdrop) and you should be all set

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Other FiiO K3 DSD USB-C DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Home and Computer(3.5mm Single Ended/2.5mm Balanced/Coaxial and Optical Digital Outs) … $109.99
Other Massdrop x Sennheiser HD6XX $199.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $309.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-06 23:05 EST-0500
ABowlofLife submitter 1 point 1 month ago

You know any good headphones with backs, I got birds and I like to block out there noise.

I have been checking out this headset for a while and I would like your opinion on it if you don't mind. [ https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-pro-gamedac#arctis-pro-gamedac ]

I don't really care for the mic because I plan on getting a separate one in the future

ImperiousBattlestar 1 point 1 month ago

Probably wouldn't get that, just get a set of decent closed-back cans and an external mic (like a Blue Yeti or something similar) and you should be all set

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Headphones Sony - MDR-7506 Headphones $99.99 @ Adorama
Other Blue Yeti Nano Premium USB Mic for Recording and Streaming - Shadow Grey $99.00 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $198.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-07 16:47 EST-0500
Jeff_M 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

For the mic, if you prefer a headset one, I like my V-moda Boompro. I've not had any other mics to compare directly, but from what I've heard it's quite good quality when I'm in a discord or game chat.

Thanks for the info but I just care for audio I will be buying a high tier mic to use

[comment deleted by staff]