add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I Can't Install Windows 10 With a M.2 Sata SSD

PastelLemons

5 months ago

I'm using a ryzen 5 2600, TUF B450M-plus gaming motherboard, and a Crucial MX500 1TB 3D Nand Sata M.2 type 2280SS Internal SSD.

I was using the windows 10 installation tool and the M.2 was recognized in the installer and the bios. However, the bios does not recognize it as a bootable drive. I am not sure what the cause is. I've already tried disabling the CSM and setting the boot option to other OS in the bios.

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Its not bootable as Windows is not installed use your bios key on start to boot off installer and then select install to m.2 sometime you have to format it first

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube