• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

PriscillaXD98 1 month ago

Need some help over here :) The following message was copied from my /r/buildapcforme post. Help is appreciated, thank you :)

Hello! It's my second time building a pc, and this time honestly I am overwhelmed due to the drastic recent price changes. Can anyone recommend me what parts I should get and whether I should get them in my local store or online? Prices at my local store seems to be inflated (or is it?)

What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games or programs you will be using.

Mid-range gaming, nothing fancy.

What is your maximum budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?

SGD1000

When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Note: beyond a week or two from today means any build you receive will be out of date when you want to buy.

Probably in 1-2 months

What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? (Tower/OS/monitor/keyboard/mouse/etc)

Only the tower

Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in? If you're in US, do you have access to a Microcenter location?

Singapore

If reusing any parts (including monitor(s)/keyboard/mouse/etc), what parts will you be reusing? Brands and models are appreciated.

NIL. Getting keyboard and mouse for free from friends :)

Will you be overclocking? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line? CPU and/or GPU?

Nope!

Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build? (ex: SSD, large amount of storage or a RAID setup, CUDA or OpenCL support, etc)

Nope!

Do you have any specific case preferences (Size like ITX/microATX/mid-tower/full-tower, styles, colors, window or not, LED lighting, etc), or a particular color theme preference for the components?

Nope!

Do you need a copy of Windows included in the budget? If you do need one included, do you have a preference?

Nope!

Extra info or particulars:

Price list for my local stores: https://imgur.com/a/B0EqT04

Cheers!

Comments Sorted by:

Moop1337 1 point 1 month ago

Here's a parts list for you from your local stores. I can't comment on whether it's cheaper than the parts on Singapore's online stores. Though there is a Newegg global version for Singapore, which looks to be a little cheaper than the local stores.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor $254.00
Motherboard ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $0.00
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2933 Memory $189.00
Storage Kingston - A400 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $125.00
Video Card GALAX - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB OC Video Card $249.00
Case Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 3.1 TG MicroATX Mid Tower Case $69.00
Power Supply Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $79.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $965.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-13 14:07 EST-0500