add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

FPS games / single-player / 1080 TI visual quality at its best?

LIVE_AMMO

12 months ago

I'm a huge fan of the Battlefield franchise (multiplayer). Been sold on it since BF2. Not a big gamer really but I have to admit these MP sessions on BF are too addictive and it's simply never enough (drawn into 3-4 hours of play). I'm looking to add to the battle front with some single player alternatives with short gaming sessions, you know the campaign style play with "quick saves" and easy return to action.

What single player games are you guys playing nowadays? I'm leaning more towards "graphics quality" at 1440p with my 1080 TI.

I've tried DOOM and GTA 5 (amongst others) but got a little bored half way through. Currently looking forward to "Metro: Exodus".

Also I have to admit I used to loveeee Tower Defence games on my android phone - any recommendations bringing this genre to PC?

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 4 points

You got bored with DOOM? I'd give it another go -- try completing all the challenges and achievements and finding secrets. That's good fun.

Other than that, I'd definitely get AC:Odyssey if you're looking for an in-depth single player game with top-notch graphics. I play it 1440p on mostly ultra with a 8700k and gtx 1070 and it's stunning. It'll take you a while to complete, but I usually do 1 hour sessions. It has kept me busy and not bored for a while. Your 60 bucks will go a long way for sure.

Also, if you have a 1080ti, put the android down! You have something much better.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

AC: Odyssey is one of the few AC games that is pretty good (a good chunk of them have some pacing issues and plenty of boring trialing missions imo) so I can also recommend Odyssey.

Maybe playing Doom 2 with the Brutal Doom v21 mod may save him any boredom that he ever had if the reboot isn't enough :)

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

I was initially sloping more towards first-person shooters but after seeing the AC:O trailer and a couple of gameplay demos - VERY IMPRESSED!!

I don't believe i've played action role-play games before (maybe in the Sega days) and in terms of graphics quality i've got this placed on top priority! Beyond the standard, there are a couple other other options: Deluxe/Gold/Ultimate. Any reason to opt for these?

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Action RPGs are some of my favorite. A nice way to unwind and zone out (tune in and drop out) for an hour or so just exploring, completing quests, playing a GREAT combat system, and enjoy the beautiful graphics, which are the best in the biz. I never go for the ultimate or gold packages, unless you're die hard, which I don't get the feeling you are.

Anyways, Titanfall 2 was a great, quick FPS and was loads of fun. Maybe try that as well.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > Off Topic" to "Software > Games / Gaming".

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Subnautica, may not be AAA graphics but max settings still looks great, and amazing gameplay. Only problem is might not be able to stop.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Defense Grid is a pretty good tower defense game. Usually available for pretty cheap, especially on sale, on Steam. It has a sequel that I have yet to play.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Perfect - that will do nicely!

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Defense Grid:The Awakening has a ton of DLC for cheap, too. Fun way to kill time.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

GTA V single player (I got banned from online for modding/money dropping)

Beam.ng Drive (single player but no plot or protagonist)

Ultimate Epic Battle SImulator (battle simulation game, not the best graphics but you can have 9000 penguins fight 1000 zombies in 3D, each having its own AI)

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube