add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2000 USD Standard PC build for gamers

Dragoons55

14 months ago

Hey there everyone,

Been gone for quite a while and Im just trying to see what the reference $2000 builds look like for AMD/Intel based computers.

Talking only needing a 1440p 144hz monitor no keyboard or mouse or headphones or OS. Monitor can be either freesync or gsync doesnt matter to me.

Intel computer for pure gaming and AMD computer for streaming/gaming/recording, both individually $2000.

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Intel for pure gaming: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Zmq3kd

AMD for multi-use: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/B29GRJ

I used a 165Hz GSYNC monitor with a RTX 2080 in each list.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

So question, is there a benefit for using the 9000 series over the 8000 series for intel? I noticed they dont have Hyperthreading except for obviously the high end Intel chips.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

The 9000 series is slightly faster and can overclock better. The 9000 series offers the fastest single-thread speed available in desktop processors, making it the most potent option for high-refresh gaming.

For the 9000 series, as you step up from i5 to i7 and i9, you get more cores with faster turbo boost (i7) and finally hyperthreading and even higher turbo boost (i9).

For gaming, the i7 and i9 will have diminishing returns since games currently don't utilize threading to that degree. The biggest driver for high framerates (assuming the rest of the build is up to the task) is the single-thread speed, for which the 9000 series is the highest performer.

• 14 months ago
  • -1 points

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube