add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is +100 watts worth $20

GanSolo546

5 months ago

I was suggested this PSU and I noticed that it is $20 cheaper for the 650 w. Do I need the bigger one for this build?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CRmhxG

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

Nope you don't need a 750W

a 650W version of that psu would be more then enough.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

yay!!! don't need to spend more!

[comment deleted]
  • 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Noctua's NT-H1 paste is really good as well and cheap.

Arctic Silver 5 used to be among the best 10 years or so ago, but it has a break in period before it shows its real potential. Plus there are better pastes now.

To be honest, there really isn't much need to buy aftermarket thermal paste these days. Stock paste usually performs within a few degrees of most of the high end stuff. I mostly use the stuff that I got with my Cryorig coolers.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Do remember that NT-H1 came out over 10 years ago as well. The Noctua is the paste I personally use (for good reason), but there’s no denying that it’s very old. What I’m driving at is that the age of AS5 isn’t necessarily the big reason that people should be using when recommending against it.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

You misunderstood my comment.

I said "Arctic Silver 5 used to be among the best 10 years or so ago, but it has a break in period before it shows its real potential."

I didn't say "AS5 isn't good because it's old". You ignored half of the sentence, I technically never even said it's bad or not good. I also said "Noctua's NT-H1 paste is really good as well and cheap" as my opener, "as well" meaning, "as well as MX-4, Thermal Grizzly and others".

The entire comment I wrote backed up my point. "To be honest, there really isn't much need to buy aftermarket thermal paste these days. Stock paste usually performs within a few degrees of most of the high end stuff."

Honestly baffled that what you got out of all of that was "Don't use AS5 because it's old".

[comment deleted]
  • 5 months ago
  • 1 point

There isn't much difference between most of it. I haven't bought TIM in years because I've had 3 small tubes of the Cryorig paste.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

What TDP rating should I want for the cpu.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

TDP isn't everything in coolers. I would recommend a FSP windale 6 or Thermalright Macho Direct.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

How about corsair h100i pro?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube