14 months ago
Hey everyone, I'm looking to build my own computer that I can then build Linux from scratch on. I have high level math and some high level cs experience but I don't know anything about hardware! I've made a cheap build on here but am thinking I also could just get broken computers from Ebay or something like that. Would love to hear what you all think and any tips you have! thanks
Could you give me some tips on builds that might be useful?
- Budget: hopefully less than $500 total
- Location: SF Bay area and Kansas City Missouri
- Use (gaming, rendering, etc): Learning about computer hardware and Linux
- Peripherals required (monitor, keyboard/mouse, etc): I think I have all of these?
- Operating System required: Linux