add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

first build looking for some feedback

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice list, if you are only gaming you should only need 8gb of ram. Pretty overkill for a first build in my books, but whatever you want is fine. I would recommend an i7-8700k if you are going to be streaming/video editing/recording/etc. as the 6 cores on the i5--8600k will be enough, it only has 6 threads, so you are losing performance if you choose something like an 8700k you can get what is called hyperthreading which means it will be 6 cores and 12 threads, thus increasing your editing performance, streaming, and recording performance

• 9 months ago
  • 0 points

The above part list only displays a case. Or as you asking for parts recommendations for that case?

If yes to the above, whats the build for? Budget? Peripherals needed? OS needed? etc

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

i clicked on the link it shows all of my parts,but i can just put everything in the comments if it's glitching.

Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor CRYORIG - H5 Universal 65 CFM CPU Cooler Asus - Prime Z370-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB Video Card NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Go to your parts list and directly above the list of parts you will find your URL , marked as "permalink". The above link is a default URL for the parts creation page and since you have already created your list, each time you click on it, you will be directed to your parts list. As for us guys, it will lead us to our saved/active or blank lists. The permalink takes a snapshot of your selected parts for all to see.

Alternatively, next to the permalink is the "markup" options. If you select the first icon (looks like a single file cabinet), you'll receive a pre-highlighted code. Just copy and paste, appears as follows (i took this from your saved profile):

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor £235.20 @ Aria PC
CPU Cooler CRYORIG - H5 Universal 65 CFM CPU Cooler £47.98 @ CCL Computers
Motherboard Asus - Prime Z370-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £156.40 @ Alza
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory £126.95 @ More Computers
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £52.80 @ Aria PC
Video Card MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB Video Card £430.47 @ Scan.co.uk
Case NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case £69.59 @ Aria PC
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £143.99 @ Amazon UK
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit -
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £1263.38
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-01 22:38 GMT+0000

==============

As for the parts, looks great. Not sure why the G3 is listed for around £150 but take this: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/WrNypg/seasonic-focus-plus-gold-650w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-650fx Does everything the G3 does and does it better, better protection features, more efficient (marginally) and runs quieter. The G3 OPP and OTP protection conundrums are short of what you can get for the same price with all measures inclusive.

The H5 is a very nice cooler, for a little more, you could opt for the Scythe Mugen. Not a whole of lot of difference between them but the Scythe does perform a little better. If you really want to push overclocking to a choking-point, maybe the top-end stuff will do you greater justice - Noctua D15, Cryorig R1 Ultimate or Dark Rock Pro 4.

You have an OEM version of Windows added. Retail versions are fully transferable (basically a licence you get to use again on newer/other builds). OEM ties into the motherboard and pretty much dies with it hence down-the-line having to purchase the OS again.

Also any reason why you have left out an SSD? Do you have one one already?

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you so much for the feedback it's been very helpful. i already have a 250gb SSD, is there a different operating system i should get?

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

OS recommended in the parts amendment recommendation below:

Other changes:

(Note: Your build is great! Alll changes are optional hence feel free to choose between the original spec and the one below)

• Upgraded to one of the top-of-the-line air coolers for $10 more. Overclocking @ 5Ghz+ with the DRP4 is effortless.

• Upgraded the motherboard to some marginally better for overclocking purposes. Scores higher with lower thermal tests (VRM/MOSFET cooling) with better quality components. If you fancy the ASUS board for the aesthetics - go for it! The difference between the 2 is very small.

• Same performance and build-quality but cheaper RAM

• Swapped the GPU for a larger heatsink (beefier) + triple fan Zotac card. If temps matter, this one pulls it off beautifully with excellent thermal performance. Although, for gaming performance the MSI card is just as good with the same clock speed. Some may not appreciate the Zotac card purely based on the aesthetics (the yellow contrast and beefier size). You might want to view the card here before making a final decision: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/nkWD4D. I guess it boils down to preference which has it's place over thermals (MSI thermals are great too - so no cause for concern)

• OS swapped for a full retail version

• x2 case fans added. Use the 2 fans supplied with the case as your exhaust fans (rear and top). Place these 2 on the front for air in-take. There are cheaper options if suitable, eg: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hhbp99/arctic-cooling-case-fan-afaco140p0gba01

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $254.89 @ OutletPC
CPU Cooler be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler $84.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $168.00 @ Walmart
Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $114.99 @ Newegg Business
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $58.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB AMP Extreme Video Card $379.99 @ Newegg
Case NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $64.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $79.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full 32/64-bit $119.99 @ Dell
Case Fan be quiet! - Pure Wings 2 140 PWM 61.2 CFM 140mm Fan $12.49 @ SuperBiiz
Case Fan be quiet! - Pure Wings 2 140 PWM 61.2 CFM 140mm Fan $12.49 @ SuperBiiz
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1351.70
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-01 21:06 EST-0500

Feel free to query anything.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you for everything you've done to help out! i definitely like your suggestion for the beefier GPU and im stiil considering it since i dont mind the color or looks of it. is there anything i could do to get a similar build while cutting the price $100-$200 i'm pushing close to my budget and would still like to get a nice mouse and keyboard. i currently have a 1080p 144hz monitor, but my friend has a 1440p one if i need it.

• 9 months ago
  • 0 points

nice list

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

You're most likely seeing another list which is active or open in your parts account history opposed to the OPS actual list.

• 9 months ago
  • 0 points

that was sarcasm

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube