add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

RTX 2080 and GTX 1080ti

thirk441
  • 18 months ago

So I've been all over the place shopping for gpu's only to find that the 1080ti's are at least 2x more in price as the msrp. Therefore, I feel it's better to buy an RTX 2080 that is currently going for 400 dollars less than the 1080ti and at least opens up a new tech possibility. Am I seeing something wrong here? Most people keep saying to go for the 1080ti but they're all over 1k dollars..

Comments

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Id also choose a 2080 over a 1080ti. there are many reasons including price.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I really hope games use raytracing more, it's a cool feature

[comment deleted]
  • 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey what do u think about my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jQtzsZ

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Personal opinion... If you're spending $2500 on a computer remove the 7200rpm to add a 970 EVO m.2 2280 ssd for faster boots, get 3200 ram for same price or maybe $20 more. Also if you're going for an air cooler, I'd look for a better case for airflow. Try the Meshify cases by fractal. Other than that you should be good.

I don't think that there's any other possible issues but I could always be wrong.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Dang I already bought the case days ago lol

[comment deleted]
  • 18 months ago
  • 1 point

NVMe vs SATA3 isn't a huge difference in the general space, however if you do things like video editing and huge file transfers you will see gains in those workloads, I agree with flexo that the difference isn't (usually) worth the cost.

However that said, at +2500 of budget and above, I don't feel that HDDs have any place anymore. 2.5 SSDs are far faster and the prices are dropping like rocks. Take for example: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/yzfhP6/samsung-860-evo-1tb-25-solid-state-drive-mz-76e1t0bam The 1TB 860 EVO SSD is now below $130.00 and that price continues to fall. It's honestly only a matter of time before HDDs should only be for the most budget of budget systems.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 18 months ago
  • 1 point

O ok nice. Do you think this pc can handle games well?

[comment deleted]
  • 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Kool that's good to hear. Its alot of money lol

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Your setup sounds beast

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

O ok Ill look out for that monitor as well. Do you recommend buying 1 stick at 16ram or 2 sticks of 8ram

[comment deleted]
  • 18 months ago
  • 1 point

got it, thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube