add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Conpulsive touching?

LaserNut123o
  • 18 months ago

I know it sounds weird but for some reason when I touch something, I have the urge to touch the other one. For example, i scratch my leg because it’s itchy. Then I feel this urge to scratch the other leg even though it is not itchy. What is this? OCD or something? Any responses are appreciated and thanks in advance.

Comments

• 18 months ago
  • 9 points

Am I the only one who had a different topic pop into my head when I read the title, or am I just one f'd up person?

• 18 months ago
  • 3 points

Nope - I had a different thought as well - most likely the same as you.

• 18 months ago
  • 2 points

Same... I guess I'm pretty screwed up, too.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

probably both

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I had that for a while too, then for some reason I got over it. I think it's just natural human instinct.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I can be like that sometimes, idk why but it is somewhat annoying.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Ocd... Not a big deal

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 18 months ago
  • 4 points

While you said that in a stupid way, you are technically accurate. In order for it to be a disorder it has to interfere in some way with your life negatively. Wanting to have the radio set to an even number, or wanting the items on your desk ordered isn't disruptive to your life generally, and isn't a disorder. Now, having to turn the light switch on and off dozens of times until it feels "right" is a good example of an OCD.

• 18 months ago
  • 2 points

Wanting to have the radio set to an even number, or wanting the items on your desk ordered isn't disruptive to your life generally, and isn't a disorder.

That’s just being particulate or a perfectionist for the most part, but sometimes it makes sense why people would associate that with OCD, as people think that type of behavior is “obsessive or compulsive” in the literal sense.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I’m not entirely sure whether I want to give you an uPvote or a downvote.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I have that effect on people.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I suppose, though I’ve personally never faced this dilemma with you before.

• 18 months ago
  • 3 points

Do what you think is right in life. Just remember that you are probably wrong.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Comments like this are not appropriate for this site.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube