- 20 months ago
What are the odds I get artifacts for Dota 2 ;D lol (Valve please send me a beta code now for that haha)
Story: ~ So while playing Dota 2 today, I noticed that I was getting some odd artifacts on the bottom of my monitor. --> Picture 1
I thought it was my monitor, but then I went into the Dota main menu and went back in-game and saw that the artifacts changed position and shape. --> Picture 2
After we finished our game, and I got off Dota, the artifacts were gone. I guess. This is the first time it happened to me. Other important things I should mention are that could help is
- I was getting low FPS for some reason a few days ago on Dota so I uninstalled it (was on m.2 drive) and reinstalled it to a different SSD, It also boots faster on the non m.2 SSD.....
- As stated above, the game loaded faster and was running fine again.
- Since Shadow of the Tomb Raider came out recently, I was having problems running it. It was stuttering and so I tried many different options. I updated my nVidia drivers and it worked then gives me stuttering BS again. I usually only run very high graphics on games like Tomb Raider and stuff.
- I did not OC my graphics card today, I used a preset option from the stupid ASUS gpu tweak 2 for Tomb Raider but thats about it. [Edit]--> I also forgot to mention that I do run high/very high settings when I can on games that aren't too demanding such as Dota 2.
- Screenshot ingame
System Specifications are:
- 16GB RAM
- ASUS Strix OC GTX 1080 8GB
- Monitor 1: ASUS PG279Q
- Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q (I don't think the monitors are bad)
Any help is appreciated, Thanks!