add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CrystalDiskInfo: Reallocated Sector Count - 1

zoinks1
  • 19 months ago

Hello!

My computer has been blue screening a lot in the past month or so. I thought it was the hard drive so i ran Crystaldiskinfo and it gave me this error. It has also ran extremely slow (around 2 minutes to boot to desktop and about 40-50 or so seconds to load google chrome).

Should i replace the hard drive with an SSD? If so is the Adata SU800 256GB a good choice?

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Is the HDD 256GB? Will it fit on the SSD? If not, expect some issues with coping the thing over (you'll probably need to reinstall everything manually, although you can at least copy a Steam library into place and it will only download the files needed to "install" and not re-download all the data you copied into the Steam library).

Also consider buying an extra HDD as backup anyway. You've had a warning with this drive, you might not get a warning the next time.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube