add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
floridaguy727
  • 21 months ago

need a gaming pc thatll last 5+ with games on high at least want a i5 8400 other than that anything please help thanks trying to stay between $1000 and $1200

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 21 months ago
  • 1 point

do you think the 1080 1070 and 1060 are worth the price difference will i really see a difference im not ocing

[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Whats with all the downvotes on this thread?

Anyways, this list has a very good CPU and GPU, you could probably make it a 1080ti or wait for 2070 or 2080 as well. Really good cpu cooler.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor $250.87 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Scythe - FUMA Rev.B 79.0 CFM CPU Cooler $46.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard Asus - Prime Z370-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $163.99 @ Amazon
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $349.99 @ Amazon
Storage Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $134.00 @ B&H
Storage Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $39.99 @ Amazon
Video Card Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX Video Card $524.99 @ Amazon
Case Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case $89.99 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full - USB 32/64-bit $102.89 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1723.70
Mail-in rebates -$20.00
Total $1703.70
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-27 15:27 EDT-0400
  • 21 months ago
  • -1 points

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor $239.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler ARCTIC - Freezer 33 eSports ONE (Black/White) CPU Cooler $32.04 @ Newegg
Motherboard Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS GAMING WIFI (rev. 1.0) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $109.99 @ Newegg
Memory Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $129.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Inland - Professional 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $24.99 @ Amazon
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $59.09 @ OutletPC
Case Thermaltake - Core V31 ATX Mid Tower Case $34.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G1+ 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $59.99 @ B&H
Other RTX 2070 $500.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1235.97
Mail-in rebates -$45.00
Total $1190.97
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-21 09:43 EDT-0400
  • 21 months ago
  • 1 point

No graphics card?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

RTX 2070 is a GPU

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I didnt see it since it wasn't blue lol. Looked right over it, my bad.

• 21 months ago
  • 0 points

read the 2070 isnt really worth it, dont plan on oc

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

How is it not worth it? Benchmarks haven't even been released so how would you know?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

link please, gotta see those benchmarks

[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • -1 points
  • 120GB is plenty for windows and firefox usage. Games belong onto the 2TB HDD
  • following your logic, he should buy a GTX 980ti now. new things may be costy, but the GTX 2070 will not only have ray tracing but more power in general than a GTX 1070 (benchmarks will show. look at that: 2080 twice the power as 1080), so you profit both ways (my GTX 1070 was 480 EUR)
  • when I did the build there was no 20$ mail-in-rebate for that SeaSonic unit, so it is easy for you to compromise my build and PSU choice now.
  • there is no freaking reason to downvote that build
  • I don't take sh from people who advise to get the X version of a Ryzen CPU, but on the other hand don't build with Intel K CPUs. And even if I think that's plain stupid, I am not going to put a thumbs down on it, because we live in a society.
  • There should be a statistic analysis of the ratio of minus votes in threads you participate... keep on trolling
[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • -1 points

good thing my comment got deleted by staff, seems fair...

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 21 months ago
  • -2 points

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9BtVmq

I hope this helps u its a small multi purpose mining / gaming dual task desktop with Pentium and u can change it to i5 I added a 12tb option but u can but the option 18$ harddrive

gpu is always important and enjoy .

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks but to small for gaming pc ill like

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

ill make updates to blow ur mind

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

for gaming? it doesnt look like enough memory i was thinking this or a https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FTJFbX https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hp2qP3

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I MADE IT BETTER CHECK

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

THE NEW UPDATE IS LESS THAN 900 BUT ITS AMZING EVERY GAME WORKS

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

no link

[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • 1 point

why a m2 ssd instead of a regular one? and i want to stay away from water cool

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

m2 just for the speed. You don't need an M2, really whatever works, but it was a similar price to other 250Gb SSDs so that's the one I picked. And you wouldnt have to liquid cool, like the SSD I just put that on there because the price range has a lot of similar performing air coolers. It is interchangeable for sure. You could do the m9i or even probably H7.

• 21 months ago
  • 0 points
  • 21 months ago
  • 1 point

You could do the second one, swap the power supply to a 550W, and get a 1070 or 1070 ti. whichever your budget would permit. That case is nice, but one thing to consider is style to performance ratio. If you want a good looking build then that case is great, if you want performance then sacrifice the case for a better graphics card. Also the 212 evo is a dated cooler and im pretty sure the cryorig h7 is basically the same price for much better performance.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • 0 points

Brother, maybe put it all in one comment instead of 3 next time. Water cooling the 8400 isn't necessary but there was money left over so i threw the extra couple bucks at a good water cooler. It gives OP the option of comfortably upgrading his CPU in the future if he wishes, though there are plenty of other good air cooling solutions. Regardless that was dealt with already so it's not even worth bringing up. The Tesseract is dated, but it's also cheap and comes with 2 fans and extra fan hubs. It's a great value case. M.2 is a form factor, you are correct. Sometimes I forget that not all M.2 are NVMe. Nothing that I put on the list was wrong, but it could have been tidied up a bit for sure.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube