add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How much is this worth please?

Armha
  • 22 months ago

Hey guys,

Looking to sell this PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6CPQfH

How much do you think it is worth?

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 0 points

Well its worth $1971.33 new so I would say 1400 as long as its reasonably new and clean and in good condition

[comment deleted]
  • 22 months ago
  • 2 points

Best advice I give, don’t sell on eBay unless you’re a business. There are plenty of other sites where you can sell hardware and not have to pay ebay or PayPal tax.

• 22 months ago
  • 0 points

Name a few of those free sites, and do they provide full US coverage, or global coverage.

Most people don't want strangers coming to their home, I know I don't.

Oh, and I do have an eBay business, and the only advances I have are extended times for my listing, but I pay just like everyone else.

You don't have to be a business to sell on eBay, you just have to be willing to pay the 15% selling commision.

• 22 months ago
  • 3 points

I had a used pc hardware store on eBay and due to volume I paid a set monthly fee, had x number of free listings and a 1% - 4% sold fee up to $250 (or maybe $200 Id have to go back and look) a month. I also set up business level account on PayPal which had 0 processing fees outside my membership cost, which up to the end paid for itself. I offered US and Canada shipping only. Closed it down about a year and a half ago, vastly shrunk my business and moved to sites such as:

Hardware Swap Shipping is handeled between buyer/seller with no interference from the site.

Heatware is another good site Inused for a long time, closed ship though.

And of course craigslist when needed. Made a lot of money on craigslist, almost as much as I did on hardware swap.

There are a few others, but don’t have them off the top of my head. I’ll link to them once I get home.

These are all sites anyone who sells hardware should know about. eBay, unless your selling in bulk quantities, could yield a loss. For example... the OP hardware could easily sell for ~$1000+ Onn hardware swap. Could sell probably everything too.

So... you have a business on eBay? What analytics do you use?

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

You mean like Terapeak, to improve my sales...laugh. I don't use them, they're too expensive and I don't need their help. My business is well established, I took it over from my Mother who started it like 20 years ago. We have many established clients who buy our products, and our advertisement is by word of mouth. Plus, I have a good search engine positioning. Other than that, I usually don't get into my personal business with strangers.

I perfer eBay to act as my middle man in the event a sale goes south. Or if I have a problem with a seller, eBay steps in and always makes it right. And again, I don't deal with strangers at my home.

Anyway, this all started out with me recommending eBay to sale a half dozen parts. xD

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

That’s very cool, and understandable. By no means do I mean to pry, just very curious.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

THanks

[comment deleted]
  • 22 months ago
  • 2 points

eBay fees:

Insertion fee (Listing fee) in most categories is just $0.30.

Final value fee: (Selling fee) for most sellers, it's 10%

PayPal fees: PayPal balance or a bank linked to PayPal account $2.99 + 2.9% of the transaction amount.

Ok, now correct if I'm wrong. You sell something for $100.00, eBay takes $10.30, PayPal takes, let's just say $3.00 plus 2.9% say 3%, so that's $6.00. $10.+$6.=$16.00 total So, more like 16%?

No sense in splinting hair over 1%, but I was in the ball park . That's the first time I've looked it up in a decade. Back then everything totaled 13%. Rough math.

LOL, That down-voting stuff is ridiculous. It only causes hate and discontent, certainly not helpful by any standard. The other day I posted a help video (tutorial) and got -2 points for that one ....ha ha . Not a big deal, I'll just delete the comment, most people have already read it anyway.

Maybe I should display my MVP award. ;)

Your username looks familiar, every been on TenForums, or Bleeping Computer?

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks insights

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

My pleasure

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube