add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What's a song that lots of people like but you can't stand?

MineMineMelon
  • 20 months ago

I can't stand Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana. I used to like the song, but after hearing it 3+ times a day on the local rock station I just turn it off whenever it comes on.

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 4 points

I like a lot of late 90s rock, and still listen to it, but most people seem to turn their nose at it. Also, i have learned that over time, music taste will change. So you might of liked it, and now hate it, and in 5 years you might like it again.

OK, i will put it like this.... I like Nickleback.

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm a massive fan of 90s rock but I'm not sure why I don't like that song in particular.

• 20 months ago
  • 3 points

Repetition kills it... That station should probably play some other nirvana tunes instead of just that one. It's a great tune, but you can get sick of anything if you hear it too often. Try requesting they play other nirvana tunes and see if they do.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

early 90s rock = best. Alice in chains, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, etc.. Except Pearl Jam. Screw Pearl Jam.

• 20 months ago
  • 4 points

Modern rap... All of it... Especially that mumble bs or that nonsense unicorn looking face tattoo rapper stuff that's popular now. The old stuff was one thing, but this modern nonsense is just horrible... Its like the whole generation listening to it just got high on flocka and purple drank one day and never sobered up. Disgusting noise vomit.

• 20 months ago
  • 3 points
  • 20 months ago
  • 2 points

Hear, hear!

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Skittles dude lmaoo

All of it but XXXTENTACION, I love those beats. andnotjustbecausehesdead

• 20 months ago
  • 0 points

**** that plays on the radio is garbage. That's not that state of modern rap, though. There has never been a wider and more interesting variety of talented artists in the hip hop genre. You just have to know where to look.

• 20 months ago
  • 3 points

Nah... I don't like dumpster diving... Haha ;)

Bring on the METAL!!!

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree. I love rap, but most of the mainstream stuff you hear on the radio is trash.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Of all the excrement choices, why dishonor the dogs? Haha

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Dog **** because it stinks, doesn't decompose quick whatsoever, and is everywhere

• 20 months ago
  • 3 points

I'm with you on that song. I've always hated it. Made for a good parody though, back in the day.

• 20 months ago
  • 3 points

Not exactly a song, but all things Shakira. That nasally voice drives me crazy.

• 20 months ago
  • 8 points

But her hips don't lie.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

They don't.

• 20 months ago
  • 3 points

DES

PA

CITO

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Aww, c'mon, that one's amazing!

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

now watch me whip

WATCH ME NAE NAE

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, now that one's on the top of my list. Please don't get me started.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I actually did like that song. Then again, I only listen to the news on the radio so I missed half the trauma.

I have a friend who can play it on the piano, too. :)

• 20 months ago
  • 3 points

My least favorite is Havana. Can't stand that song. Really, it just grates on me. Mainly because it's played so often on the radio, but it's plain annoying.

• 20 months ago
  • 3 points

Despacito

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Good meme

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

Almost any current "Top 100" pop hit, maybe I'm just old but I don't care for it at all, even if they didn't repeat the same 20 songs every hour on the radio. I have a fairly large music library on my phone and computer that I listen to, never listen to the radio anymore.

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

All raps. Hate all rap songs. Garbage filled with mumbling and oh my god, the stupid clothes!

Also I hate that Happy song and Havana. I hear Havana every fricking time on the radio when I'm driving somewhere, sometimes more than once, and it just sounds so annoying. Same for the Happy song.

Very popular songs like Despasito and Watch Me Whip and Nay Nay whatever the hell those terrible songs are called :P Just because I've heard them so much. All these songs annoy me greatly.

[comment deleted]
  • 20 months ago
  • 2 points

KIKI.... DO YOU LOVE ME? i want to die

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I clicked on this to come comment Nirvana in general. Find it funny the body of your topic is also about Nirvana.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I can't stand Happy by Pharrell Williams. I cringe every time I hear it and have to leave the room, it's that bad!

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Most if not all Dutch rap (since it's repetitive and mumbly), most.. and again if not all Drake songs, a fair bit of Beyoncé's new and newish songs, a fair bit of Katy Perry's new and newish songs.. The Dutch song 'zoutelande', almost all Ed Sheeran songs at this point.. there's a lot more, but I'm not sure which ones more. I see myself getting a lot more annoyed with what hits the charts rn

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Grandma got run over by a reindeer

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Lose Yourself by Eminem. It's been over played to hell and memed to **** that I can't really enjoy it anymore.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

moms spaghetti

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Modern rap music. Ugh.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I find pretty much anything by Drake grossly overrated. There's nothing at all interesting or worthwhile about his music. It's always just there for no real reason. His lyrics don't pop, his beats are generic, and he doesn't really flow all that well.

Also, I agree that Smells like Teen Spirit is criminally overplayed, especially when considering how many better songs there are by Nirvana. And for ***** sake, Nevermind is NOT their best album!

[comment deleted]
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I cannot stand modern rap and hip hop. I hate all of it. Only rappers that I tolerate is Eminem and maybe some Tupac. But I mostly just listen to Metallica, ‘Maiden, 5FDF, Trivium, Megadeth, stuff like that.

[comment deleted]
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Absolutely, metal is best lol.

Personally, I feel like more goes into Metal and Rock. With rap and hip hop, it's mostly just the singer and some guys in the studio that makes up the sounds.

With metal, you've got the drummer, a bassist, a guitarist (or two or three) and the singer. All must work with physical instruments to get it right during the recording and during on live stage. Rap just plays a recording of the sounds (Most of the time).

Just my thought. I've always enjoyed Fade to Black and Face in the Sand more than The Way I Am or Real Slim Shady. I don't mind Eminem, but I prefer metal overall.

Modern Rap sounds the same and mean the same thing. Very uncreative.

[comment deleted]
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

The Nutcracker... Ya, that annoying Christmas song...

Also, that annoying Amy whinehouse song about going to rehab... Just so annoying, in a little kid that keeps repeating themselves kinda way.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Drake, Rihanna, Beyoncé, The Weeknd, All of it. All trash imo. In fact, 80% of what plays on the radio. East Asian music seems a lot batter. American and Canadian radio pop isn't doing it for me anymore.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

poopity scoop

also i find chinese pop music to be the worst music

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Well that's your opinion. I find some trash too but there are a lot of songs I really like.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Des-pa-cito

[comment deleted]
  • 20 months ago
  • 2 points

Can you give examples? Because the ones that glorify violence, drug-use, misogyny and general destructive lifestyles are generally trash imo

[comment deleted]
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Fair enough

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube