add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Final revisions of this list. **Please comment!**

BubblesLord7000
  • 23 months ago

First of all, lets hope that the bold in the title worked. if it didn't, I'll just look like a bog idiot. Not what I need. And now, into the list.

This, is my most loved list, and it was my first list I ever made on this website. I won't change anything, except with a follow up question (from me) and a response (from you). I know that this seems stupid, but I am planning to build pretty soon, and I want this rig to be as good as possible. I am planning on playing games some of the which will be Battlefield 1, COD WW2, PUBG, CSGO, Witcher 3, Wolfenstein 2, Far Cry 5, Middle Earth Shadow of War, Ghost Recon Wildlands and GTA 5. Not trying to push the games, only trying to get 1080P and 60 frames on either high or ultra, depending on which I prefer more with the frames I get. In the future, I am also planning on rendering, uploading, and maybe a bit of streaming thrown in there, later in the game. A bit of schoolwork will also be done on this, but nothing intensive, hopefully. Please, please please leave any and all thoughts, comments, ideas, and suggestions that slip through you mind. And please, for your sake and mine, Be Brutal!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor $237.59 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler ID-COOLING - FROSTFLOW+ 240 SNOW 62.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler -
Thermal Compound Innovation Cooling - Diamond "7 Carat" 1.5g Thermal Paste $7.28 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI - B360 GAMING ARCTIC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $128.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $189.99 @ Newegg
Storage Intel - 545s 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $83.18 @ Amazon
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $59.79 @ OutletPC
Video Card Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Dual Video Card $366.67 @ B&H
Case Thermaltake - Core P3 SE Snow Edition ATX Mid Tower Case -
Power Supply Corsair - RMx White 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $169.99 @ Corsair
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $89.89 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1343.37
Mail-in rebates -$10.00
Total $1333.37
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-23 19:53 EDT-0400

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 2 points

It looks pretty good, although: The CPU Cooler is a bit obscure. Not sure how good it is, but maybe a Corsair H100i would work better? The Motherboard is something to watch. The 8600k is overclockable, which your motherboard doesn't support. If you want to overclock, get a Z370 board. If not, look into a CPU without a 'K' designation at the end. The case... Open air cases look cool, but they will gather dust easily. A traditional case might be better, but that's your choice. I'd go with something like a Fractal Meshify C (TG) or an S340 Elite.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

The FROSTFLOW is a bit obscure, yes, but only on this website. I went on their website and got all of the info I need, and cross referenced it with the info on Newegg, and found out that it does indeed fit. Thanks for the tip on the mobo though, I personally didn't know about it not supporting OC. And for the case, I will be putting the entire "Tower" next to my monitor and keyboard, so I will still have easy access to cleaning it, and personally, I think the looks are worth it.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

OK then. Good luck with the build!

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube