add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help me pick a power supply...please?

jrcorwin
  • 25 months ago

I need to upgrade the power supply in my son’s computer. It needs to be 300W or more. I’m just confused about fit and what would be required for the case. Here is what we have: i3647-2308BK (Dell Inspiron desktop)

Thank you!!!

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

You may want to get further assistance with fit but I always recommend this PSU as a good, cheap and reliable option.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Power Supply Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $54.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $54.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-02-23 11:25 EST-0500
  • 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you. Yes, it is the fit that worries/confuses me. I’ve never replaced a PSU, but it looks pretty simple aside from getting one that fits the case.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Worst case scenario, I'm sure you can return it. It is, just make all the connections, screw down the psu to the case and you're good to go.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube