add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ryzen 5 1600x vs ryzen 7 1700x Streaming

Randall0208

24 months ago

Hello, I'm debating buying the ryzen 1600x or the ryzen 1700x for streaming. I want to stream lighter games like fortnite, overwatch, and csgo but also at a comfortable fps level. Any thoughts? I was thinking I should buy the ryzen 7 1700x. Heres what I wanted to build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jqcYJ8

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

You really don't need the 8-core 1700x for that. You would be just fine with the 1600X for what you're using it for. I'd take that difference in cost and invest it elsewhere or just save some money overall.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you, would you say I could also downgrade from a gtx 1070 to a gtx 1060? Or even downgrade to the gtx 1060 and keep the 1700x?

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I would say go with 1700x and 1060. The 1600x can stream but it will limit you to 720p 60fps. If you want to go higher it will impact performance a lot more, especially in cpu intensive titles like overwatch. Of course if you can afford the 1070 then get the 1070. Also just get the non X versions of the cpu.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube