add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
SourceVIlI
  • 24 months ago

This will be my first gaming computer, I would like a case that's beginner friendly plz

Budget: $1000 (before peripherals, have some picked out already)

Use: gaming, streaming, editing, rendering

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

I literally just copied my first build. It does great and I love it very much. The NZXT S340 is a breeze to build in. It stays quiet and cool and cable management is awesome. Color preference is all you. There's black, white, black and red, black and blue and white and purple available -- I just went with the purple because I like it.

The fans are also up to you, I do recommend them but they aren't absolutely necessary. It stays relatively cool with just the two 120mm fans that come with the case. The 1060 destroys games in 1080p. Most games play well over 80FPS in high/ultra and I play mostly shooter and survival games. The CPU is overclockable as well if you wanted to squeeze more power out of it later on. I'm not sure what editing and rendering you're doing but the Ryzen 3 1300x is great but perhaps 6 cores would be better for you as I don't render. I do use a little bit of photoshop and lightroom and this CPU handles it just fine.

The only changes I would make if I were you is to get a better motherboard. It's great and it works for me but I do recommend an Asus even if you have to spend an extra 20 or 30 dollars on one. Also, get an SSD if at all possible. A smaller 250-500GB would go great with everything else. Lastly, I have a WIFI adapter because I have to use WIFI unfortunately. Your experience may vary. Plus, there's two RGB strips in there but again, all up to you on that.

Check out my build for pictures if you'd like.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 3 1300X 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $124.88 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard $86.89 @ OutletPC
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $99.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $46.49 @ OutletPC
Video Card Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Dual Video Card $439.79 @ OutletPC
Case NZXT - S340 (Matte White/Purple) ATX Mid Tower Case $64.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $43.98 @ Newegg
Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link - TL-WDN4800 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter $41.16 @ Amazon
Case Fan Noctua - NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM 78.7 CFM 140mm Fan $14.88 @ OutletPC
Case Fan Noctua - NF-S12B redux-1200 PWM 59.1 CFM 120mm Fan $13.95 @ Amazon
Other Phanteks PH-LEDKT_COMBO RGB LED Strip Combo Set $14.19 @ Newegg Marketplace
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1055.83
Mail-in rebates -$20.00
Total $1035.83
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-02-21 11:35 EST-0500
  • 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Im not doing to heavy editing and rendering, but I might look at some 6 core cpus. Thanks a million!

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome. Let me know if you have any questions!

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

On accident this build was $1000 on the dot, but it definitely should get the job done.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CC7YJ8

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube