add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First PC Build- Ryzen 5 1600

AmerK
  • 24 months ago

au.pcpartpicker.com/user/AmerK/saved/W9q8K8

That's the completed build I've come up with and have started ordering parts already. But if you haven't noticed, I'm missing RAM. I can't seem to find a decent kit around $150. I originally wanted 2x8GB 2666MHz or above, but with current RAM prices, that seems a bit of a long shot. Any links to sales on RAM will be highly appreciated. Need to order the RAM within the next day or two. Prices must be in AUD. Cheers.

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

get compatible 3200mhz RAM, its crucial for gaming!

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I got 3000MHz nooooooooo!

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

its not that bad to have 3000MHz, but Ryzens infinity fabric utilizes faster RAM

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

It seems like a pretty decent build. I would honestly just use the stock cooler that comes with the Ryzen 5 1600 and put that 80 dollars toward a 1060 6GB rather than the 3GB. The stock cooler works wonders and if you're gaming, 3GB barely cuts it anymore. 6GB will definitely be sufficient. I noticed you have a 250GB SSD, I would definitely add a 1TB/2TB HDD for games. When you account for the OS, programs and games, 250GB will maybe only allow you to store 2 or 3 games on it after everything else.

And here's 8GB of 3000mhz ram for 99 bucks. Can't beat that. I paid 160 for this exact RAM just a couple months ago...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $99.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $99.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-02-19 11:18 EST-0500
  • 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Thankyou so much for your suggestions. I ordered 8GB of 3000MHz. Unfortunately I already ordered the cooler. The GTX1060 3GB will be used for light gaming in 1080p for now. Once GPU prices dip down, I'll upgrade to something more suitable for 1440p, along with a 1440p monitor as an upgrade. Oh and I also ordered a 1TB HDD, forgot to add it in build.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem! 3GB will definitely do it but it just won't have the wiggle room and capability of the 6GB -- but that's quite alright. It just depends on what you do. For 1440p, you will want the 1070. It doesn't seem like a big jump going from 1080 to 1440 but it is when you're gaming.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

What I originally planned was, I was either going to buy a GTX1060 3GB with 16GB of RAM, or a GTX1060 6GB with 8GB of RAM. Can't believe a mid-range PC now costs $1500....

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

That's a good plan. I know, tell me about it.. Unfortunately, my first computer was built with today's pricing so I'm not even sure how inflated they truly are haha. Hopefully in a few months, they will go back down and I can upgrade a few things.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Everything's come along rather well. Waiting on final parts to be shipped. Will definitely post up my build once its all done so be sure to check it out in a week or two's time.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

in the past you could make a mid to low range computer for $600 so its inflated af

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

6GB is way overkill for 1080p gaming... 4GB would be a fine choice, since e.g. GTA V uses around 4GB

https://www.tweaktown.com/tweakipedia/90/much-vram-need-1080p-1440p-4k-aa-enabled/index.html

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

From all the reviews and YouTube videos I've watched, that seems right.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd return the GPU and get a GTX1050Ti - it has 4 gigs of VRAM and is fast enough... way better for 1080p IMO...

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I could have probably gotten away with a 1050TI with 1080p but I couldn't seem to justify paying $300 for a GPU that's simply 'meh'. In 1080p, it just scrapes 60fps in some games and in others it lacks. GTX1060 comfortably does well over 60fps on Ultra in most games at 1080p. I will upgrade my GPU in the future once GPU prices settle down (if), most likely will buy a GTX1070 or the like.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube