add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

1080 Ti's - I must have missed the memo

joejccva71

23 months ago

Sorry if this post is stupid but I purchased my Zotac 1080Ti in the fall of last year it was I believe for like $700. Why are they so crazy priced now?

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 2 points

That must be a big rock! :)

Cryptocurrency mining + Shortage of memory price's driving up bill of material prices. Affecting most GPU's, not just 1080Ti.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Ugh, yea...huge rock. Thanks!

Are the predictions that it will last all year?

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

I have seen some price drop recently when bitcoin went down to around 9000, but I do not know if it will continue.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

What a gneiss rock. :)

Predictions right now are basically "Who Knows?" Companies are preparing launches of future products (Volta/Navi), and RAM producers are making next gen GDDR6 for GPUs. It's possible that these releases help the market... but they could also end up like Vega and have not enough supply to make a difference.

There is also the volatility of the crypto market to consider. Spikes and falls in that market will also affect demand from potential and existing miners. New ASICs, regulations, bannings, or other factors can also drastically change the crypto market and thus the GPU market.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube