add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How to update completed build

mjohnson24
  • 26 months ago

How do i update the completed build i have? I just need to switch out the two GPUs. There's noting that is easy to explain on how to do this and support people don't seem to wanna give me a detailed explanation of walking someone through to switch parts out from a completed build. this should be extremely easy to do and not this stinkin difficult!

Comments

• 26 months ago
  • 2 points

Just unplug one and plug the other in while it is turned off?

• 26 months ago
  • 2 points

Hey guys, thanks for the comments so far but im not talking about inside my desktop. Im talking about the completed build list i created and got approved here on pcpartspicker. It lists two EVGA 1080 ACX cards and i need them to be updated to two 1080 iCX cards instead in my completed build list here on pcpartspicker.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Just like Isorice said

Username > Completed Builds > Edit You replace the parts list with a new parts list or you can edit individual parts.

All you have to do, go to your profile, my completed builds, then edit or the little pencil option, and tada, you can edit it.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

does your CPU have an iGPU ?

if so, kick out the old GPU, connect screen to MOBO VGA or DVI or HDMI, boot, uninstall all the drivers of the old GPU, shutdown, put in new GPU, boot, install drivers, change cable from MOBO to GPU, done

don't forget to put in the power cables for the new GPU

edit: saw in an old post you own 1 or 2 GTX 1080 ??? what the hell are you upgrading to? Titan V?

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Username > Completed Builds > Edit

You replace the parts list with a new parts list or you can edit individual parts.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Seriously... I did NOT understand that he was talking about the PCPP "build your system" function xD

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

So i go to completed builds list. i only have one. I view it. I click the edit button to the right of the name next to delete button. that takes me to a screen that has an orange background at top. then pics below it and then description and parts list below that with Parts list on the left column. I click edit on the left column for parts list. That takes me to a screen similar to the previous but all my images listed with a link above them called "Use this Part List". below the images is a list of parts on my current completed build. No edit button for any one of those items. If i choose the GPU section of my completed build parts list then it takes me to a list where i can find my new gpus but i have to save them to a new parts list that doesnt have anything to do with my completed build parts list.

There is no button next to any of the individual parts that has an edit button to edit that particular part and swap it out. the only way i can see is to recreate my WHOLE ENTIRE build on a completely new parts list and swap out the whole parts list which is freakin time consuming to swap out two things on it. If i have to ill create a video of my steps so everyone understands what im talking about.

Again everytime i click on the GPU section of my completed build, it takes me to a screen to find my new gpus but it saves as a whole new parts list with ONLY them in that parts list and is COMPLETELY separate from completed build list. The completed build list still has the old ones in the list.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

If I choose the GPU section of my completed build parts list then it takes me to a list where I can find my new GPUs but I have to save them to a new parts list that doesn't have anything to do with my completed build parts list

You should see a radiobutton you can select to "overwrite your current part list". Since you named your list "My custom build" you should overwrite the list "My Custom Build."

https://postimg.org/image/gzrccvtqd/

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube