add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Ab5stractt
  • 27 months ago

Hello, everyone. I've been saving up for almost a year, and I have now a reasonable budget with which to buy a computer. I have about $830 saved up. However, I plan to order the parts no later than Black Friday/Cyber Monday. With this information, please try to take into account the savings when making the build.

I am starting completely from scratch, so I'll need all the regular computer components, as well as a new keyboard and mouse (nothing cheap or crappy) and a monitor. Operating system is included, so don't put it into the list. This computer will be used primarily for playing games, so no video editing or anything like that.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Comments

• 27 months ago
  • 2 points

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $168.89 @ OutletPC
CPU Cooler Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $24.39 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI - B350M PRO-VH PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $55.98 @ Newegg
Memory Patriot - Viper Elite 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $72.99 @ Newegg
Storage Team - L5 LITE 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $47.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.88 @ OutletPC
Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB SC GAMING Video Card $189.99 @ B&H
Case Thermaltake - Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $34.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $26.99 @ Newegg
Monitor Acer - KG221Q 21.5" 1920x1080 75Hz Monitor $99.99 @ B&H
Keyboard Redragon - K552 Wired Gaming Keyboard $30.99 @ Amazon
Mouse Corsair - Harpoon RGB Wired Optical Mouse $24.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $883.06
Mail-in rebates -$60.00
Total $823.06
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-16 20:33 EST-0500

This will be very good. 75hz 1080p monitor, very capable gpu and cpu combo, very good peripherals and nice case/reliable psu

• 27 months ago
  • 2 points

Much appreciated, thanks!

• 27 months ago
  • 3 points

no problem!

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I would personally not recommend that keyboard. Thought it would be a cheap alternative to a name brand mechanical keyboard, although within 4 months most of the keys started to have bad inputs or miss-click. I would press one key and it would give it anywhere from 2-6 inputs. Like if I put in "0", it would say "0000". Very annoying. I kept the keyboard in stellar shape and it was not a problem on my end. For that same price point, you are not going to find any mechanical keyboards that will hold up over time. If you are willing to spend a bit more on a keyboard I would recommend anything from Cooler Master, Corsair, Logitech, or Razer. As for the mouse, I have no problems with it. A friend has the same mouse and says it has worked well in the long run so no issues there. Great for the price. For the computer as a whole, it is well put together and has everything you will need to run most games. The monitor is fine, just a bit small. If you don't want to strain you eyes with a small monitor, and don't care about losing 15Hz, I would recommend this monitor - https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Wp8H99/dell-monitor-s2316m

• 27 months ago
  • 2 points

Strange. The K552 has LOTS of good reviews. But I guess there is always some people that get the bad ones sadly :(

There are many alternatives luckily and I think the monitor is good because if he wants to game competitively than the extra 15hz will come in handy.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I thought the same thing when I bought the keyboard. I could have just got a defective one so don't take my word for it. OP, make sure you do some research yourself on it to make sure. Ice44 you are right also about the monitor, but I have had small monitors before and they SUCK. Especially while trying to multitask. But it really comes down to what kind of person you are and whether you want a slightly bigger monitor or you want a bit more of an advantage in competitive games such as Counter-Strike and such. So your choice OP.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't mind a smaller monitor. I've only ever used cheap computers and laptops, so a "small" monitor will be an upgrade, if anything. I'll look into the keyboard issue, and I greatly appreciate your input. Thanks to you both for the help.

• 27 months ago
  • 0 points

Aw man

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Never had that issue with mine and I used it for 6 months.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 27 months ago
  • 1 point

the extra 15hz is noticeable imo. A 1060 6gb is overkill for 60/75hz 1080p. Agree with the 1600 though. RAM won't make a HUGE difference

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I overclocked my monitor by 15 Hz, and seeing OP has lived with crappy monitors and refresh rates, he can save the extra 20. A 1060 6gb is no where near "overkill" for 1080p. On high/ultra settings the VRAM will bottleneck it, not to mention the less cuda cores. Also doesn't ram make like a 10% difference? Worth the extra 5-10 IMO.

• 27 months ago
  • 0 points

Yeah I guess he could overclock a 60hz monitor. I would just get a 1060 3gb atm

• 27 months ago
  • 0 points

Please keep it polite.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube