add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

z370 choice for $200 price point

SleeperG
  • 30 months ago

I have an 8700k arriving today. I'm will be using Amazon to purchase either the Gigabyte Gaming 7 ($210) or MSI Pro Carbon AC ($200). Which one is recommended?

I will need wifi for the time being, but would much prefer a quality board overall. My biggest hesitation w/ Gigabyte are the issues I've heard regarding their z370 boards. I was going to order Asrock, but Amazon has their boards priced higher compared to Newegg atm, and/ or unavailable for Prime.

Thoughts?

Comments

• 30 months ago
  • 2 points

If you like the while/silver (and obviously black) look, then I'd go for the ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E. Has on-board WiFi, much RGB LED (much wow), has a kind of carbon black background, supports up to 4000 MHz frequency memory, and just looks slick overall.

Here's the link to the PCPP page for it. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8sRFf7/asus-rog-strix-z370-e-gaming-atx-lga1151-motherboard-strix-z370-e-gaming

And it's still just about $200, quite a good board.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

It was between the Strix-e and Taichi. Decided to pay extra for the Taichi. I agree either choice would have been good though. Thanks for the reply!

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Went with the Taichi. My ram was specifically listed on the QVL list for OC & the recent positive reviews swayed me. Thanks for the reply!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube