add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Moving from console - Budget gaming parts opionions?

why.do.YOU.need.an.i7

23 months ago

This is where I am at. Certainly not able to go higher on the budget, and will buy the parts as they (or similar) come under sale respectively. I will keep the aesthetics/colour scheme, but what do you think about the performance/upgrade-abilty? Could I get better performance for the money? https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/why.do.YOU.need.an.i7/saved/FNCbjX

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 2 points

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor £64.96 @ Scan.co.uk
Motherboard MSI - B250M GAMING PRO Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £68.99 @ Ebuyer
Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory £59.30 @ Amazon UK
Storage PNY - CS1311 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £39.47 @ Amazon UK
Storage Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £38.94 @ Aria PC
Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 Video Card £135.91 @ Amazon UK
Case Corsair - Carbide SPEC-04 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case £50.04 @ Aria PC
Power Supply Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply £47.86 @ Box Limited
Case Fan Cooler Master - SickleFlow (Red) 69.7 CFM 120mm Fan £4.98 @ Novatech
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £510.45
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-09-16 17:11 BST+0100

The Pentium G4560 and the G4600 are practically the same in terms of specs; the only real difference is price and 0.1GHz. For reference: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/8gKhP6,kB7CmG/

This allowed me to add a 1TB HDD with a 120GB SSD, which should be (more than) enough. Cheaper, quiet case fan with higher CFM.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks a bunch. I would still prefer to start with just a larger SSD for the reasons I just listed in the above conversation. I realise the G4560 and G4600 are near identical, and didnt realise that the price difference had grown since I last checked. Thanks for pointing that out, Ill decide based on price when I actually pick it up. (As mentioned previously, I am waiting for deal/sales).

Good spot with that fan, saves a few pounds.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

looks good so far for your buget but you really should add a 1tb hdd... maybe even buy a 120gb to afford it because 240gb is not enough for anything

[comment deleted]
  • 23 months ago
  • 1 point

yes.... but it would be EVEN better if he`d have it from the beginning

[comment deleted]
  • 23 months ago
  • 1 point

i know that. but (at least for me) its always annoying to add something later and 240gb are not much. it holds the os and a few games but i have 300gb with only a few games and some programms. i think he should add the hdd now, even if that means borrowing money and paying it back later or waiting 1 more month

• 23 months ago
  • 0 points

It isn't better to start with only an SSD, especially if the budget allows both without problems.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube