add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thoughts on the proposed build below

Nobrock
  • 33 months ago

I'm looking to build a robust machine that will last me around 5-7 years (I'm currently on a 2008 Gateway laptop with an Intel duo CPU T8300@2.Ghz, 4 GB Ram, NVIDIA 8800M GTS, Windows 7 32-bit.) I do gaming, heavy photoshop editing, and editing/manipulating Adobe PDFs. I will be starting to do heavy database work in a self-created database of over 5,000 searchable PDFs ranging in size from a couple of hundred MB to several GBs. The size of the database searchable part is about 50 GB of PDFs while the size of the archive is 750 GB. I have a lot of other files that I store so 4 TB is a minimum and I'll possibly be looking to add another 2-4 TB HD in about 1-2 years. My main objective is a machine good for 5-7 years capable of handing intensive database searching, archiving and Adobe PDF editing that is stable and reliable. I'd like to keep the cost under/around $2000.

Intel i7-7700k 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU cooler Asus TUF Z270 Mark I ATX LGA 1151 Motherboard G.Skill Trident 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 RAM WD Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2800 SSD WD Digital Gold 4TB 3.5 7200 RPM HD Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Dual series video card Antec P100 ATX Mid tower case Asus DRW-241ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer EVGA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Modular ATX power Supply Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

would you be able to post a link to the page where you compiled this list - its tough to read when its all jumbled up like that haha

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Nobrock/saved/

Forgot to add that I want a machine that is rugged enough to be move around (interstate over 750 miles).

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

This machine will last you quite a long time if treated correctly, you may want to consider the 1080 though.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube