PCPartPicker

• Register

Issues with drivers and internet (FIRST PC I BUILT) HELP!!

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

benma94 7 days ago

Hi guys,

I'm having some big time issues with my computer I've just built from scratch. Everything is running fine except I think I may have stuffed the whole driver installation process.

I have the disks for the motherboard/GPU drivers but I have no optical drive meaning I'd need to burn it all onto a usb stick. I've done this but I don't know exactly what drivers to get.

my Motherboard is the ASRock B250M PRO4 Motherboard is ASUS DUAL RADEON RX480 4GB

I've googled the drivers I think I need which are:

http://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/B250M%20Pro4/index.asp#osW1064 - I went ASIA/US even though I'm in New Zealand. https://www.asus.com/nz/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-RX480-O4G/HelpDesk_Download/

From here I've gone on and extracted every single file and have tried to install each one individually. Some had issues saying they couldn't be done and some were okay? I have no idea what I'm doing.

I've done all I can and I've reset my computer and I've got a LAN cable in the back but it's not picking up a network, it's saying its unrecognized and it can't pick up WIFI just yet either?

Please help!

Thank you so much,

Ben

Comments Sorted by:

Warlock 1 point 7 days ago

Navigate to your mobo product's webpage: B250M Pro4,
Scroll down the page and locate/click Support,
Click Download, to the right of the Select your OS:, select/click your operating system,
A list of your drivers for the mobo will be displayed at the bottom.
Download the drivers by clicking on the corresponding Asia/US icon.
Once all the drivers are downloaded,
The downloaded files/drivers are in compressed form, so create a new folder for each one and extract each file/driver to corresponding new folder.
Inside each folder should be a file titled "Setup" or similar,
Double-click the "Setup" file to begin the installation process.
Follow the prompts during the driver installation process.