add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What kind of PSU do I need? Information below.

TheEnthusiast123
  • 41 months ago

Hello!

So, I have this build:

Intel Core TM i5 750 CPU, 2,67 Ghz, 4 Cores, 4 threads

Intel H55 Motherboard, 8GB RAM installed Mobo link here, bought via ebay

Nvidia GeForce GT 220 1GB DDR2 Graphics card

320/340 Watt PSU

My question is, what kind of PSU do I need to upgrade my graphics to GTX 750 TI?

I believe a 420 Watt psu will do but I need help with this, im not sure what kind of psu goes with it.

Also, I believe case is unnamed mini/mid tower case, but im not sure. Maybe I will post picture of it?

EDIT: I am probably buying CORSAIR VS450 PSU 450W ATX 2.3 but I need opinions about this! Feel free to comment down below.

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

The current one will likely be fine depending on what model the power supply is and which 750Ti you get. The 750Ti runs purely off the slot, but some versions of the card need a 6-pin PCIE power cable from the power supply.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

The psu is very old. Im not sure if this will do it, but here is the info about it: http://prntscr.com/dq3g6i (Im not even sure if its 320 watt or not) Also, I thought about Palit GTX 750 TI 2 GB version.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, I can't even tell what OEM that unit is made by. You should get a new power supply then.

Any of these would work (however the Seasonic OEM units don't come with the AC power cable), but the best option would be the CX450M because it's better than all of them.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

What about the ventilation? It is on top of the psu? I have it on the back. Also, technically, would that one what I have right now, do the job?

[comment deleted]
  • 41 months ago
  • 1 point

You mean the current one what I have right now will work?

If so. It would be amazing. I only hope graphics card doesnt get damaged when the psu is too low for it.

[comment deleted]
  • 41 months ago
  • 0 points

You have to watch the older systems and make sure a newer PSU has enough power on the 3.3V and 5V rails.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

what do you mean exactly?

• 41 months ago
  • 0 points

What I mean is some of the older systems predate ATX 12V 2.2 or 2.3 and had higher current demands to the MoBo on the 5V and 3.3V rails than the newer ATX 12V v2.3 PSUs deliver. The trend was toward more 12V power and less 3.3 and 5V power.

That H55 board is probably OK with a newer unit, but I would look at the specs of the Mobo and the specs of the PSU and make sure the PSU has enough amps/watts on the lesser voltage rails ( the 5V and 3.3V).

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you think CORSAIR VS450 PSU 450W ATX 2.3 can do the job?

heres a link from where I could buy it: http://www.1a.ee/arvutikomponendid_vorgutooted/korpused_jahutid/toiteplokid/corsair_vs450_psu_450w_atx_23_cp9020096eu

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube