add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Air or Water cooling?

CauseMos
  • 42 months ago

I know theirs pros and cons to have either but i want to use the cooler master hyper evo but is that effective for a intel i7 6700k?

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

If you really want to overclock then the Sythe Fuma or a 240mm AIO or maybe something from Cryorig would be a better option.

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

for 5-10 dollars more you can get a cryorig h7 that outperforms the hyper 212 evo and looks nicer to boot. if you want to significantly overclock i reccomend the NZXT Kraken line, one of the 240mm ones or if you want to go even further (And have the space for the radiator) the Predator 360 from EK

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

agree on the H7 as a much better budget cooler than the Evo 212

A case with very good air flow is also needed.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Dose the phantom 530 have enough space? for the Radiator?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

according to the newegg page you can fit a kraken x60 in there which is a 280mm radiator, however the top has mounts for 3 120mm fans so you could most likely fit a predator 360 as well if you wanted to go all out. if not seriously overclocking the kraken would be more than enough and cheaper.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

The Hyper Evo 212 is good for light overclocking but there are far better coolers you can have. The 212 is old news.

The 120mm AIO coolers only make sense if you're trying to make your case look nice. Otherwise a tower cooler like the Fuma or a Noctua D15 is a better choice. I think the Fuma is one you can take a serious look at because pound for pound it's one of the best out there.

The 280mm coolers perform well if you want to spend over 100 bucks but you'd need a case that can easily accommodate them. I just bought a Corsair H115i because the reviews look good and they will reimburse me for the other damaged hardware if it leaks. According to the reviews I read, the negative reviews rarely complain about leakage. More about pump failure.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you i will look into the parts you listed and i will look at reviews and Kazinin's recommendation of the NZXT kraken line

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

The Corsair link software is a pain in the ***. If you want to run the pump and fans at 100% you have to use the software. It's quite silly because Corsair Link isn't straight forward and it's not easy to work with.

The Kraken x62 is a better pick as far as functionality goes.

The EK predator that Kazini mentioned is the best of the best before moving on to a Custom loop. The Swifttech Prestige 240 is also a really good pick that performs almost as well as the EK.

Keep in mind that you wont see the benefit of an expensive cooler unless you're trying to overclock as high as you can possibly go.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I dont see the Kraken x62 on amazon just the asus website which i cant tell how fast it will be at my door step.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

It's not out yet

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

When will the Nzxt Kraken 62 be out on amazon and other major retailers

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube